Koodo Community
Solved

Please clarify EasyRoam 24-hour start and end times

• 20 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Can someone from Koodo please provide authoritative answers to the following scenario:

I add EasyRoam to my plan.

I travel to USA, arrive at USA airport 9:30am November 1. I send a text message at 9:31am, which triggers the $8/24hr EasyRoam charge. Question - does the 24-hour period covered by the $8 EasyRoam fee extend from 9:31am Nov.1 to 9:30am Nov.2?
On Nov.2, I do not use the phone at all (no calls, no text, data roaming turned off) until 3:00 pm Nov.2. This triggers new $8/24hr EasyRoam cycle. Question: does this new EasyRoam cycle run form 3:00pm Nov.2 (time of my first use) to 2:59PM Nov.3? Or does this EasyRoam cycle run contiguously from the previous EasyRoam cycle (i.e., start at 9:31am Nov.2 and end at 9:31am Nov.3?

Separate scenario: If I have EasyRoam activated on my account, travel to USA,. I have data roaming turned off on my phone, I do not send any texts, and I do not make or answer any phone calls. I receive a phone call and let it ring without answering. The phone call goes to my voice mail and the caller leaves me a message on my voice mail.
Question: Does a caller leaving me a voice mail message trigger EasyRoam fee?
Question: If I check my Koodo voicemail, does that rigger EasyRoam fee?

Looking for authoritative answers from a Koodo rep please.
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 20 November 2018, 17:21

It starts the moment you use any service to which roaming charges apply, (outbound call, outbound text message or data use), and expires 24 hours later. If you re-trigger it once it expires it again lasts for 24 hours from that point .
You are not charged if someone leaves a voicemail, you are charged if you check your voicemail from your cellphone while roaming. You can check your voicemail using a landline by calling your koodo number and pressing the * key when your voicemail picks up.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can someone from Koodo please provide authoritative answers to the following scenario:

I travel to USA, arrive at USA airport 9:30am November 1. I send a text message at 9:31am, which triggers the $8/24hr EasyRoam charge. Question - does the 24-hour period covered by the $8 EasyRoam fee extend from 9:31am Nov.1 to 9:30am Nov.2?
On Nov.2, I do not use the phone at all (no calls, no text, data roaming turned off) until 3:00 pm Nov.2. This triggers new $8/24hr EasyRoam cycle. Question: does this new EasyRoam cycle run form 3:00pm Nov.2 (time of my first use) to 2:59PM Nov.3?

Yes and Yes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It starts the moment you use any service to which roaming charges apply, (outbound call, outbound text message or data use), and expires 24 hours later. If you re-trigger it once it expires it again lasts for 24 hours from that point .
You are not charged if someone leaves a voicemail, you are charged if you check your voicemail from your cellphone while roaming. You can check your voicemail using a landline by calling your koodo number and pressing the * key when your voicemail picks up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Separate scenario: If I have EasyRoam activated on my account, travel to USA,. I have data roaming turned off on my phone, I do not send any texts, and I do not make or answer any phone calls. I receive a phone call and let it ring without answering. The phone call goes to my voice mail and the caller leaves me a message on my voice mail.
Question: Does a caller leaving me a voice mail message trigger EasyRoam fee?
Question: If I check my Koodo voicemail, does that rigger EasyRoam fee?

Looking for authoritative answers from a Koodo rep please.

No
Yes if you are calling in from your cell phone since it is calling. But no if you use a land line to check your voicemail