Koodo Community

Community

Please bring back unlimited text add-on while traveling in the States

There used to be an unlimited texting add-on option when traveling to the United States. Unfortunately shortly after I joined Koodo it was removed. I am not sure why this was, but am hoping it can be brought back as many of the other wireless competitors offer unlimited texting add-ons. I am very pleased with Koodo in every other aspect and recommend it to all my friends and family. This is the one feature that I am really disappointed with. I don't mind it being the $40 that it used to be just to get it, but please provide your customers with the option that other competitor companies do. Thanks for your consideration.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
I agree Koodo's roaming packages are lacked BIG time!
Userlevel 3
Just to add, your better off unlocking your phone and using it with a local carrier while travelling outside Canada. I wouldn't deepen the pocket for such horrid roaming rates.
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Just to add, your better off unlocking your phone and using it with a local carrier while travell...

I have an unlocked phone and have looked into doing that. My concern is that I need to be able to receive/send messages, etc to my Canadian number for work. Great idea though!
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Just to add, your better off unlocking your phone and using it with a local carrier while travell...

Unfortinately, if you need to use your Canadian # while abroad you'd have to get the 400 SMS package at $15. The Koodo sim card is tied with your # so unfortinate to say there is no way around this.
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Maybe you can setup your Koodo voicemail with the # you activate with while in the US so they know how to reach you?
Userlevel 1
For short trips, Roam mobility is quite outstanding.
Userlevel 5
Hey Aaron, we launched unlimited text add-on not too long ago. Have a look 🙂 https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html