Koodo Community

plan update

• 19 November 2020
  • 16 replies

Hi, I purchased the new google pixel 5 online yesterday and almost immediately after got a text saying I has used 100% of my 10mb data. I am supposed to have 8gb a month. What happen and how can I fix it? 

Also the free 2gb promotion came out three days after I changed my plan and now I'd like to change my plan again. 

16 replies

Userlevel 1

Same just happened to my husband... Ridiculous!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Adam has koodo Did you receive your phone yet?  Are you an existing customer?

Can you login to self serve and post a screen shot of your usage screen and your plans and add-ons screen?

@Martine21 can you please do the same

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

My husband bought a new phone through the Koodo website, kept the same plan and his data stop working... Koodo sent him a text saying he had used all of his 10 mb data...

Userlevel 1

He sent a messenger message to Koodo but no response yet…

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Martine21 what was your plan before you changed to the $49/8GB plan?

Userlevel 1

It was the same, we didn't change it.

Seems like this is happening to a lot of people who are purchasing new phones through their current promotion.  Same thing happened to me.  Picked up a Pixel 4a yesterday.  Today I get a shipping notification, my new agreement comes via email and then tonight I get the same texts about exceeding my 10mb of data, despite being on an 8gb/45$ plan.  

Saw some other people referencing the same issues on twitter when I reached out to them there.  Hopefully this will be resolved quickly.  Pretty frustrating for all of us I’m sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag this to a rep

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I also have the 49$/8GB plan and I bought a new phone yesterday.

My data were blocked after I received a message claiming I used all of my 8gb datas..

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello everyone! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I really understand that this situation is not exactly ideal but I can assure you that we’re doing everything we can to assist you as efficiently as possible. @Adam has koodo, @Martine21, @tortacular, @Thomas H. please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter whenever you get the time and we’ll gladly look into it and help you.

Userlevel 1

It's been fixed! Thank you everyone!!

Can someone please fix mine as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can someone please fix mine as well?

Please send a private message to Koodo via facebook or twitter