Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Plan Match?

If I have a plan I like with another carrier but want to become a Koodo customer, would you match that plan?

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The plans on Koodo's website is what you get. Koodo does not price match plans
Userlevel 5
What plan are you looking at Ryan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you've had the plan for awhile I'd say stay right where you are as nothing will be as good as the plans were a year ago and back from any of the Big 3 or their subsidiaries for the foreseeable future anyways. If your with Wind and have a limited unlimited plan then there's no way anyone would price match it as they offer much much better sevice than winds very limited areas of true unlimited use coverage or wind zone as they call it. Also winds penatration of their signal through brick wall of houses and buildings is terrible, so there's no reason for anyone to match their price as every other carrier including koodo has service coast to coast for talk, text and data.
Well the plan I have now is Fido's old $60 Smart plan (unlimited nationwide calling, int'l texting, CD, VM, 2GB). I worked hard to get that plan since I wasn't technically not eligible for the Smart plans, but I'm getting tired of Fido's coverage in my area. However, I don't want to leave that plan for something crappy.
Userlevel 1
does fido honor the price as long as you stay with them. I am thinking of switching from Koodo as they are not willing to work with me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Zarubiak wrote:

does fido honor the price as long as you stay with them. I am thinking of switching from Koodo as...

What do you mean " honor the price"? With Koodo, you can keep your plan price as long as you stay with it.
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

does fido honor the price as long as you stay with them. I am thinking of switching from Koodo as...

I was asking ryan with fido. "does fido honor the price as long as you stay with them" please read Mayumi before you answer??
Userlevel 7
John Zarubiak wrote:

Yes they do. I think Mayumi just misunderstood the question. What is happening with Koodo that they "won't work with you?"
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

since I have been with Koodo my phones rarely last a year, and now that a decent phone is 300 instead of 150 I am finding it hard to get another phone with Koodo. My last phone the galaxy SII started acting up about a week after the warranty expired in march and I have called numerous times to see if they could help and no such luck. I had received help last year to get the SII as my other phone was the same. Koodo used to be helpful??? not sure whats happening there but the people at customer service are not being as helpful. I would even be happy if they would fix this SII.
Userlevel 7
John Zarubiak wrote:

there are actually quite a few nice 150 phones as the bb q5, htc desire and the moto g (awesome). Did you update your s3 recently? That could be the cause since lots of people's s3's have been going funny lately.
Userlevel 7
John Zarubiak wrote:

He said S II, not 3. Unfortunately John, there's only a one year manufacturer warranty with any phone from any carrier so you would have to pay for a repair. Retailers like The Mobile Shop also offer an extended warranty should the need arise to get a phone fixed in the 2nd year. However, you should ask Koodo if they can reduce your Tab to get a new device instead? Moto G, Desire 601, even the Note II is a good option for $50 on Tab M...
Userlevel 7
John Zarubiak wrote:

whoops, thanks for the correction Jonathan 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Zarubiak wrote:

If your phone is acting up after a year and it's happening with multiple phones that's very odd and chances are it's user error I would think. Older Android phones would need some regular maintenance to keep them running properly after awhile and short of troubleshooting the specific issues it's easiest to just back up your contacts and other info and do a factory reset and the phone should work like it did from day one again.
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

Yes well what am i doing wrong the phone just randomly locks up all the time, the one I sent in last year the LG one your service techs said it had water damage I had a friend at work check it out and there was no water damage Ashley with Koodo help me get this s2 this phone has not seen any water either I guess I use the phone maybe I should just buy it and leave it in the box I always get smart alec answers from the champions justifying things that aren't true I have called Kudo trying to get a tablet duction they cleared my $10 tap big deal thanks Paul for making my day
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

if I'm not mistaken the champions get free phones every 6 months or a year so you do not have to experience these things this is why I am inquiring about final and virgin when I got this ass too I had a very hard time to find a case because the camera and flash or Pointed vertically and all the other asked to use in Edmonton or horizontally they told me that this phone is a European version I do my research and Koodo is using cheaper phones so unless you can get them to give me 150 tab credit so I only have to have a small tab then that's all I am interested in
Userlevel 7
John Zarubiak wrote:

Even before I became a MM, I never had to send any of my phones away for repair up until I got a Moto G. The vibration stopped working after a few months. We sent it away and it works fine again. Even after I became a MM I still ended up getting/paying for a few of my own devices that Koodo doesn't have like the HTC One (M7) and LG G2. Eventually sold the G2 and I still have the M7 which is working just fine so far. Your situation is unfortunate but Koodo already helped you get an S II. It's only covered for one year by SAMSUNG... now that they won't cover it, you want Koodo to get you another free phone? There's only so much they can do, man.
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

did you see me asking for a free phone??? I just asked for half of the tab so that I could get another phone and pay off the 150 tab I have had problems with phones since I've been with Koodo I had a phone for a week and they told me to get a different one because I need a hspa instead of cdmi I got the lg cookie which worked no better later I was told that the lg cookie was a pos as I mentioned earlier the s2 that Kudo cells is different from the rest they told me that it is a European version or something this is why I think it is time to try virgin or fido
Userlevel 7
John Zarubiak wrote:

Alright, that's cool. Doesn't hurt to try explaining the situation calmly and asking them again. The S II variant that Koodo sells is the T989 model aka the S II X in Canada, aka the Hercules in the U.S. The S II you were thinking of was probably the i-9100, which is a totally different phone. Only Bell/Virgin had that model of S II. Yeah, the Cookie wasn't the greatest... the S II X, like any mid-range or flagship Android from a few years ago, got slow and glitchy over time after adding a lot of photos or appss etc. The thing here is that phone problems =/= carrier problems.They provide the service and then a phone to go along with that service but they don't manufacture the devices and can't just predict if something's gonna go wrong with them. I don't see how switching to Fido or Virgin is gonna solve your problem. I've had customers from every carrier and several different models of phones that were not charging, microphones stopped working, unresponsive touch screens, etc. Maybe you just have bad luck so far, man.
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

yes I agree but I could have been sent another s2 refurbished phone the other problem is I was a hundred kilometers away from a Koodo shop Walmart and the mobile shop said they do not accept phones for repair at this point I am not really sure what to do I do not want to fork out $300 because as mentioned before the phones only seem to last a year honestly the $150 phones you offer are not very appealing at one time the $150 Kudo phones were decent I am old school and only $150 tab this is the reason I came to Koodo I have two friends that had sII, they have the same problems
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

I don't know whether virgin or fido is better but I see no reason not to give them a try there is a virgin dealer right in town where I live the koodo is 2 hours away and being that nobody wants to help customers over the phone I would have to drive 4 hours total twice to get my phone repaired Walmart and the mobile shop will not take phones for repair this is part of the reason I am in this predicament where I lived before Kudo was 100 kilometers away and I could not get my phone there in time before the warranty expired
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Zarubiak wrote:

If you do switch from Koodo, my advice is to give Samsung a pass for a while. If you had this phone with any other carrier, you would have the exact same outcome.
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

Ivan are you sure about this I know they have a different camera and flash set up one of your companions said that the other carriers have a different model number?
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

I agree I do not like Samsung a lot but people tell me it is better than LG
John Zarubiak wrote:

If you want assistance for the tab, you will need to call Koodo and ask.
Userlevel 1
John Zarubiak wrote:

yeah thanks I got $10 take it off my tab I am so happy