Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Plan change question

Hi all 🙂 Just have a question. I just made a plan change. I have the $30 talk and text and just changed it to the same $30 plan but took advantage of the double minutes. So I was wondering do my minutes still get prorated for this billing cycle or do they not because they were the same price plan? Thanks again

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Yup, they're still prorated because in the system it's a new plan.
Thanks Jonathan. By chance do you know how I could calculate my prorated minutes. I can't call CS atm and an curious 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Let's say you were 10 days in your plan (on a total of 30). You would've get 33 minutes for the first 10 days and 132 for the last 20 days). day used/30 * 100 minutes (how many minutes from the old plan) (30-the days used)/30 * 200 minutes (how many minutes from the new plan) You just need to change the day used for how many days you were into your plan!
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Let's say you were 10 days in your plan (on a total of 30). You would've get 33 minutes for the f...

Actually, that formula is wrong. It goes "amount / 30 * number of days". 100 / 30 * 15 days = remaining minutes, as an example.
Oh i see. So I have 26 days left in my cycle so it would be 200mins/30 * 26 days = 173 approximately correct?
Userlevel 2
akaykay33 wrote:

Oh i see. So I have 26 days left in my cycle so it would be 200mins/30 * 26 days = 173 approximat...

Exactly. You got it right! You can apply that formula for anything related to your plan. Price, minutes & data being the main things.
Ok thanks so much !