Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Plan Add-On. Confused?!

Userlevel 1
Hi Everybody, I had a question with regards to my pay for data tariff as I am a on a CANADA-WIDE TALK & TEXT PLAN. When I go into my account and go to my add ons and highlight the pay-per use data. I get certain rates which I think are weird. 0-25mb included 25-100mb (5$) 100-300MB (5$) 300MB-1GB (5$) Does that mean I could use 1GB of internet for only 15$ extra? Thanks a lot!

26 replies

Userlevel 4
That is correct! If you are on the new Canada Wide Talk and Text plans, the data rate is as follows...

Userlevel 1
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

That is correct! If you are on the new Canada Wide Talk and Text plans, the data rate is as follo...

Thanks for your answer! That is different from what I see online. As you can see the next scale is 300MB-1GB is 5$. I subscribed to my plan 2 months ago roughly..
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

That is correct! If you are on the new Canada Wide Talk and Text plans, the data rate is as follo...

Then you would still follow the old tier set up 🙂
Userlevel 1
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

So you confirm that the information found on my screenshot below is correct?
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Yes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

@TylerC This kinda contradicts what Timo said below. Can you take it as what you stated supersede's what Timo stated? Since originally the pay per use is as what Timo wrote
Userlevel 1
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Hey Guys! Just talked to a rep and Timo is right. 0-25kb = included 25kb-25mb = 5$ 25mb -100mb = 5$ extra 100mb -300mb = 5$ extra 300MB- 1GB - 5 extra Therefore it would be 20$ extra for 1GB and not 15$ ....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Great! Thanks Nicolas 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There was a similar Topic about this before. I log into my self serve account (and my husband's) and checked the pay-per use data tier. I see the same tier as OP. Koodo should take a look to see how the prices are displayed on the self serve page and need to fix it if the tier (information) is wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

There was a similar Topic about this before. I log into my self serve account (and my husband's) ...

those were the original tiers, they changed July 14th. Unless you've changed your plan since then, you still have the older tiers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

There was a similar Topic about this before. I log into my self serve account (and my husband's) ...

When did Koodo have the first 25MB for free? I think I missed that plan 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

So I haven't change my plan - I still have a $20 Canada wide talk&text plan. I just checked my self serve account and it still said "0-25mb included". Do I have free data usage up to 25mb? ( I am Confused now)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

You are right Mayumi. One of my number's with the pay-per-use-data says that too? Is that a new beneficial change or an error?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

I suspect that someone mistakenly typed MB instead of KB
Userlevel 1
Mayumi wrote:

Good to know I am not the only one! So what is the final answer?!
Mayumi wrote:

Why does mine say an error occurred, refresh the page or cancel. I can't change my plan on the app or the website itself. Anyone know why?
Userlevel 4
Mayumi wrote:

Hi Emilie! Try clearing cookies, cache & history. The site's optimized for IE11/Firefox/Chrome/Safari.Keep us posted
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Uploading pictures doesnt work on Chrome again so I had to dust off my Internet Explorer. This is what I get. @Timo, if MB is suppose to be KB then that needs to be changed on the second line too, to indicate 25KB to 100MB https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo-en/attachment/SS_inline.bmp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Uploading pictures doesnt work on Chrome again so I had to dust off my Internet Explorer. This...

Thank you Dennis. I tried to upload same pic but I couldn't ... 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Uploading pictures doesnt work on Chrome again so I had to dust off my Internet Explorer. This...

Should read: 0-25 kb included (ridiculously small, should be increased, see my ideas post), 26 kb-25 MB ($5), 25-100 MB ($5), 100-250 MB ($5), etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I found it ! http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/increase_free_data_under_ppu_data_saver_to_2_mb
Userlevel 1
Same issue! This what I see

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Now that we got an answer, Koodo totally needs to correct this error in Self Serve
Userlevel 1
Thanks everyone! We will definitely look into this, thank you for flagging this to us 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hey everyone, we've made the necessary updates in Self Serve. Thanks again for flagging this, amazing how well everyone worked together to get to the bottom of this 🙂