Koodo Community

Community

Solved

plan

i am a Quebec resident but got my phone while on vacation in Newfoundland, they never gave me the option of taking a Quebec phone number, now I find out that if I had a Quebec phone number the plans would be cheaper , I want to change, how do I do this?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you ask them for a Quebec number?

If you want a quebec plan you need to call Koodo to change your number and switch you over to QC plans
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Did you ask them for a Quebec number?

If you want a quebec plan you need to call Koodo to change...

Just to add, there should be no charge for this, as changing to a number from a different province is not available via self serve.
Userlevel 6
Hey Laurie! Is your address on your account a Quebec address? If so, you would be able to change your plan online.  Keep us posted! 
Yes my address on my bill is in Quebec and always was...nobody ever told me the difference. They never even offered it to me actually...
Userlevel 6
laurie lee wrote:

Yes my address on my bill is in Quebec and always was...nobody ever told me the difference. They ...

Well since you did active in a different province, the representatives may have not known this information since they are not familiar with promotions/plans of other provinces. Were you able to switch your plan? 
laurie lee wrote:

Yes my address on my bill is in Quebec and always was...nobody ever told me the difference. They ...

No
laurie lee wrote:

But what I don't understand is that this is not my first year being a client, me and my husband both are with guys for about 10 yrs now...and nobody from Koodo has ever let us know about this....really not cool...we've been paying this for all these yrs...and it's not my first time talking to customer service either...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
laurie lee wrote:

Koodo has only existed for 7 years.
Userlevel 6
laurie lee wrote:

Laurie, can you please clarify about what Koodo did not let you know about? Our plans are available to everyone; however sometimes we do have promotional plans for specific provinces (like the plan you are referring to). There is no reason for us to hide our plans.  If you take a look at our website, you'll be able to see which plans are available in your area.  Your self-serve will also show you which plans are available to you based on your area.  When did you change your phone? I'm not able to find a phone upgrade on any of your lines on your account that was made this year. With this being said,  it can also be possible that these plans were not offered at the time that you upgraded your phone.
laurie lee wrote:

Upgrade my phone u mean change my phone if you are referring to that I changed my phone in 2015
laurie lee wrote:

with all my info being available to u can you tell me in what year I became a Koodo customer?
laurie lee wrote:

And just to clarify myself...I am asking questions about my situation..and if anyone is annoyed by what I'm asking please feel free to pass on to another persons question because has a Koodo customer I am allowed to ask questions and get answers without attitude...thanks
Userlevel 6
laurie lee wrote:

Laurie, we cannot provide your account information via the Community since this is a public forum.  If you would like to discuss further about your account, I invite you to contact our customer service over the phone.  Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
laurie lee wrote:

I don't see anyone being annoyed by you or giving you attitude Laurie. I'm not sure what has prompted you to think so. People here are primarily around to help out. I can only surmise why no one told you about the QC only variant plans is depending on the year or month, there is so much variation in plans being constantly tweaked it's hard to keep up. And if you're calling for something specific, there can be little reason to see what plan you have and if you can get anything better based on your province of residence. The answer is basically sometimes yes, sometimes no. Or better deals might cost more overall or be less but offer less data or minutes than you might need despite it being a "better deal."