Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Picture/Video Messaging & Social Networking

Hi... 1- Is picture/video included in the unlimited texting?... (with out the add-on... just what's included in the plan I'll be chosing) 2- Does social networking (facebook) come out of the data I will have included in my plan (500MG) ... if so does it use a lot of data (facebook)? Although I have access to wifi most of the time... I'm trying to save on not having to get an add-on. I'm not with KOODO yet but planing on it.... so thanks in advance to everyone who replies 😉

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1 - Yes. Note that data must be enabled in order for MMS to go through (No data is charged to MMS, however background data from your other apps like facebook will continue to be used out of your data bucket) 2 - Yes. Facebook can use a lot of data if you are constantly streaming videos, uploading multimedia and frequently refreshing. It all really depends on your usage. And what add-on are you talking about? Koodo does not have any MMS/social/More Data add-ons. They only have plans with different data buckets and overage for going over. https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html
I wasn't really looking at a add on in particular... I thought there might be one... Still not sure how all this works... I'm trying to save as much $ as I can... 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lora wrote:

I wasn't really looking at a add on in particular... I thought there might be one... Still not su...

If all you need is Texting and MMS and data for facebook then prepaid might be the best option. http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml The catch here is you bring your own unlocked cell phone or buy one out right. The price is cheaper since you dont have that silly cell phone subsidy in the way. And with prepaid your data rolls over every 30 days if you dont use what you buy
I already have a phone (iPhone4)...unlocked.... I'm planing on switching to koodo taking a the plan with 500MG for a a couple of month to save up then upgrading to tab med to be able to get the iPhone 5s for 275$...wasn't really planing on prepaid...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lora wrote:

I already have a phone (iPhone4)...unlocked.... I'm planing on switching to koodo taking a the pl...

I see. You do save money on the iphone 5s this way. The Koodo iphone will be locked to Koodo, however it can be unlocked for $35 (Koodo and Telus has the cheapest iphone unlock prices in Canada). If you do find that you are using more/less data than you have, you can always switch to a different plan later on at no charge (going up or down a plan or if a promo plans comes along). You data usage should be the same regardless of the carrier you choose.
Lora wrote:

I already have a phone (iPhone4)...unlocked.... I'm planing on switching to koodo taking a the pl...

I paid $50 with bell to unlock.... And if I want to upgrade to a 5s with bell I absolutely have to take a plan that's $80+.... Now I pay $77...(social networking is included)... I have great service with bell but I'm looking to upgrade my phone an save $ on my monthly plan... I don't mind paying a bit more upfront for the phone... It's the $80 I don't like...and I found with koodo I can do that and save an extra $20 a month...and like you said I can always upgrade my plan later if I need to... Tks for all the info 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lora wrote:

No problem. Service and coverage-wise, Telus/Koodo and Bell/Virgin use the same network. They also have tower sharing agreements so coverage would be almost identical