Koodo Community

Community

Picture messaging and the use of data

I know that the plans offer unlimited picture messaging, but I believe that it should be stressed that sending or receiving picture messages does require data - is there any way that this can be stressed for people getting new plans?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey David, this was actually implemented a while ago if you look at the fine print. So it is there:) "Picture messaging works only if data is turned on."
The problem is that it is not being presented to customers. I understand that it is there in the fine print but that is read as much as the notices on a computer that say please read and then push this button if you agree (I am pretty sure nobody actually reads it and just presses the button to continue). It needs to be presented when somebody is getting a new plan - even if it as simple as the person selling the new plan to say "Picture messaging works only if data is turned on"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

The problem is that it is not being presented to customers. I understand that it is there in t...

It's on the website, the brochures and the agreement probably that every person has to sign.
Userlevel 4
David wrote:

The problem is that it is not being presented to customers. I understand that it is there in t...

All it takes is an extra few seconds to read what you sign up for, have it be in the brochures, website, initial paperwork.
Userlevel 6
As someone who has explained the fact that pictures are only transferrable via MMS while cellular data is connected [b]over a thousand times in the last two years, I'd love to see more customers aware of this when they choose to disable data. (I've come to know the exact definition of "ad nauseum" in this time) But as much as I wish that people knew this I have to accept that some people don't get this info and it's never just one reason. Sometimes the store was too busy and the dealer couldn't go through all the different nit picky details, sometimes the customer just doesn't care enough to stick around for any length of time and thus the dealer can't explain it, sometimes even the dealer doesn't know, or doesn't remember it from the training period, Sometimes the customer disables data on their own and didn't ask about MMS so the dealer couldn't inform them beforehand. And probably lots more. I personally read everything I sign up for, but then I'm paranoid. Koodo's not exactly hiding this from their customers but it's often missed anyway.