Koodo Community
Solved

Phone Upgrade and keeping Data add-on

• 7 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I’m thinking of getting a upgrading to new phone and I would like to keep the same plan.

Will I be able to keep my 5GB data add-on if I keep the same plan or I’m going automatically lose any addon after upgrading to a new phone?

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 9 November 2020, 04:21

@Mikek7 As per Dennis and Dinh above if you keep the same plan the 5gb will stay. Make sure you upgrade online to save the $45 connection fee charged by stores. 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you can keep your current plan when upgrading, that add-on 99% likely stays, IMO. 

However,  you can always get a confirmation from a rep via Facebook messaging before upgrading. It will help in the case there was an error or issue with the purchase. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your plan doesn't change then your add-ons will remain 

Is there any Koodo moderator or employee on this forum that can confirm this.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes there is, I’ll flag one see he can confirm this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mikek7 As per Dennis and Dinh above if you keep the same plan the 5gb will stay. Make sure you upgrade online to save the $45 connection fee charged by stores. 

Thanks for confirming Bernard.

Wrong, I just called in and Koodo informed me I cannot keep the 5gb add on if I do a hardware upgrade and keep my current plan. Can you confirm if things changed?