Koodo Community

Community

Solved

package - DominicanRepublic?

I have unlimited calling & text & lots of data for Canada ... Travelling to Dominican Republic for 1 week. Would like to make a quick 1-2 min call home to Canada every day, possibly send/rec a few text messages & quickly check emails each day ... What package do I need? I have an iPhone 6

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The international Talk text and data 40$ addon should be fine for your trip. To activate: Text 30BUNDLE to 5242 50 minutes 50MB of data 50 outgoing texts Free incoming texts
Do I need to request a certain Zone??
Userlevel 7
Mae Ormrod wrote:

Koodo changed their roaming plan method to have US roaming and international roaming. The only time you would need something different than the plan mentioned by Chad is if you were to go to the US
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mae Ormrod wrote:

You should be fine with the plan i suggested. If your laying over in the states, keep in mind this is only good for in the Dominican. My suggestion is keep the SIM out of your phone until you get there. Or the battery
Mae Ormrod wrote:

Ok ... Thanks!! No ... Not going to be in the USA ... When I fly, I put my phone in airplane mode & that way if we fly over the USA I don't get charged. What would happen if I left my phone on airplane mode while in the Dom Republic
Userlevel 7
Mae Ormrod wrote:

If you leave your phone in airplane mode, it won't communicate with any cellular network. By default, it also turns wi-fi off but you are able to turn that back on once airplane mode is turned on. With Wi-Fi you can connect to any wireless internet at your hotel or coffee shop, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mae Ormrod wrote:

It just isolates you from any network. You could also use Voip services while on Wifi over there to call like Skype. There's so many free ways to communicate without having to use add on. Edit: What he said ^^
Mae Ormrod wrote:

I am not very technical though to find & set up free ways to communicate ☹️
Userlevel 5
Hey Mae! Just to add to everyone's comments, checking your emails each day may bring you over the 50MB you have included with the international add-on, and the overages are calculated at $10 per MB. I would suggest checking your emails every second day just to make sure that you don't come home to a huge data roaming bill.
Thanks! I could even just check it twice during the whole week