Koodo Community

Community

Overpaying: Long time $45 canada wide user. Learned, by chance, of a better $40 plan. Feeling ripped off.

I live in Alberta and have had a Canada Wide $45 plan for a number of years.
I just happened to go online and look at other plans this week and realized that there is now a $40 plan that is the same as my current plan, PLUS an extra 500MB of data per month!
I immediately switched to the $40 plan. So, now I am saving $5/month, plus getting double the amount of data. That's great. But how long have I been overpaying for a less optimal plan?!

I am frustrated. As a long time customer, I had to find out about this new plan option by stumbling across it. 
Why wouldn't Koodo have notified me of this or given the option of switching to the new plan?

At the very least, long time customers should be notified of these updates. If I had received an email, I would have looked at changing my plan!
My loyalty to Koodo has resulted in me being overcharged and underserviced, and makes me want to leave Koodo altogether. 

Why the lack of communication, Koodo? Why the lack of customer service? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi AL, it's always been the users responsibly to keep an eye out for better plans, nothing new. Lesson learned and now you know if you didn't so keep an eye out...
Userlevel 6
It's not Koodo's responsibility to notify you of new rate plans.  Never has been, never will be.  You could just do what 99% of Koodo's customers do and check the rate plans every once in a while.  With Koodo (and other carrier for my other line) I check the rate plans at least once a month to make sure I'm getting the best deal for my money.
Let me guess, you want the Gas Stations to notify you when their prices go down as well, since you've been such a "loyal customer".
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi AL, it's always been the users responsibly to keep an eye out for better plans, nothing new. L...

Thank you for your reasonable and helpful reply!  Truly is news to me :) 
Jru Gordon wrote:

It's not Koodo's responsibility to notify you of new rate plans.  Never has been, never will...

Interesting that your emotions over something mundane and unrelated to you apparently took over.

But ya, my gas station calls me every week. Doesn't yours? You must be one of the 1% of gas station customers that they black list for being a jerk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi AL, it's always been the users responsibly to keep an eye out for better plans, nothing new. L...

Al, how can we help you? Paul just gave the only answer someone could give to your "question". But you're not even asking a question. You can contact Koodo and suggest to send updates for new plans. But there's no way you can get that plan if you missed it. 

PS : If you win the lottery and don't check you ticket in time, you can't blame them because they didn'T call you 😉
Userlevel 3
At least you get decent prices. In Ontario we have to pay about 50% more for the same plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JohnC wrote:

At least you get decent prices. In Ontario we have to pay about 50% more for the same plans.

It's a decent price taking into account the variables which is what was meant by his comment.