Koodo Community
Solved

Ordered Sim Card on 29th Sept and I have not received it at my yet.

Userlevel 1

I ordered my SIM card on 29th Sept but I have not received it yet at my apartment. I would have opted to pick it up from Koodo store had that option been presented while ordering.  Others who posted similar questions said their billing started even before they got the SIM card. Thats worrisome.  Please kindly let me know when can I receive the sim card? What may I do to get the sim. 

Thanks and Best Regards

Balaji 

icon

Best answer by Robert T 5 October 2021, 15:20

View original

17 replies

There’s no way for them to track you order. Wait some more before it gets delivered. It is in Canada POst’s hands now. 

Thanks Robert T.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There’s no way for them to track you order. Wait some more before it gets delivered. It is in Canada POst’s hands now. 

Btw this is my order # HFO

I flagged a Koodo rep to help you out.

Hi MilkyWay,

Could you help me flagging a Koodo rep to help me too? I also ordered a new SIM card on Sept 29. My order number is HFO31407493.

I talked to the sale people at the booth in the mall but they couldn’t help but advised me to contact the Client Help.

Userlevel 4

Hi @balaji4799   I think we answered you on another thread for the international calling.  We’ll continue the conversation on the new thread you created.  Thanks. 

Userlevel 1

Here is the snap of my add-ons 

Please advise if I need to have any other add-ons ?  

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I posed another question about 6 hrs ago but haven't heard from anyone yet.  I am not sure what's the etiquette in this forum. Is it okay if I veer away from the original topic? Or should I post a new question for every individual problem. Any how, since am getting swift responses in this thread. Am re-posting the question here.

"I am unable to place international phone calls despite having a 5$ top up for 1000 Long Distance international minutes. The country I was trying to reach is in the list. Whenever I call the IVR message says international calling is not enabled on phone and asks to call *611 which redirects back to a robot chat.  

I received the sim card yesterday, activated and ported to Koodo today"

Please advise how may I solve this problem? 

Thanks and Best 

Balaji 

Userlevel 4

Good to hear that worked!  Enjoy your new service! 

Userlevel 1

Yes I did exactly that and it worked. I have now ported to Koodo successfully. Thanks everyone for your responses and help. I'd also go ahead and cancel the call back service that I initiated yesterday. 

Userlevel 4

@balaji4799   I’m happy to hear you received the sim card!  Did you try to clear your browser history and try  to connect again.  This can help you with the error message.  Thanks 

Userlevel 1

@Robert T . Happy to let you know that my sim card arrived today. So glad it arrived hassle free. 

I am trying to transfer my existing number but unfortunately the Self Serve → Mobile Services Page  isn’t working.  I see below error message.  Could you please help me access the page? 

Please refresh the page or try again later.

An error has occurred.

Please refresh the page or try again later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think it might confuse more people than it would help. Plus, most of the people don’t even read these e-mails.

OR

It’s a marketing decision to make it think it’ll offer fast shipping so you order. Whatever the scenario, I agree with you that a little more transparency would be appreciated. At least, there’s the community for that :) 

Have a good day

Userlevel 1

@Robert T Thank you very much for the inputs. Appreciate it.

Either the check out process or the follow up email should have said just that. The fact that I have to learn about it after the fact is a bit disappointing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the response Sophia. 7-8 days huh!!  I remember getting an email that said 1 or 2 days. Had it said 7-8 days anytime during the entire purchase process I would have planned better. 

There’s a difference between shipping and delivering. Once the SIM card is shipped (which is what Koodo is most likely using as a term), the shipping time is out of Koodo’s hands. It might take 3 days to be delivered or it might take 7. It all depends on Canada Post

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the response Sophia. 7-8 days huh!!  I remember getting an email that said 1 or 2 days. Had it said 7-8 days anytime during the entire purchase process I would have planned better. 

I am actually switching from Fido after being disappointed by their lack of transparency. Unfortunately looks as if Koodo is also cut from the same cloth. 

I am unable to make calls to my extended family untill I get Koodo sim because Fido stopped a service without any warning or notice. 

Btw this is my order # HFO31410817

I flagged a Koodo rep to help you out.

Userlevel 1

I am actually switching from Fido after being disappointed by their lack of transparency. Unfortunately looks as if Koodo is also cut from the same cloth. 

I am unable to make calls to my extended family untill I get Koodo sim because Fido stopped a service without any warning or notice. 

Btw this is my order # HFO31410817

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I ordered my SIM card on 29th Sept but I have not received it yet at my apartment. I would have opted to pick it up from Koodo store had that option been presented while ordering.  Others who posted similar questions said their billing started even before they got the SIM card. Thats worrisome.  Please kindly let me know when can I receive the sim card? What may I do to get the sim. 

Thanks and Best Regards

Balaji 

Do you have an order number? If you can provide it to us, I can flag a Koodo rep to see whether your SIM card has already been shipped out. However, as Sophia has pointed out to you, once it’s sent out, you will have to patiently wait until it arrives in the mail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The SIM card is shipped without tracking. It can take about 7 or 8 days. If your billing starts before you receive the SIM, you can contact Koodo to refund the unused days.