Koodo Community

Community

Open the cell airwaves ~ no borders ~ no extra fees!

when you going to come out with an unlimited data & minutes and no roaming fees(US and World~Travel)! open up the airwave borders so to speak! some of the US company's have started and Wind is starting into in Canada... hay in a year or so they will and everyone will jump ship if you don't get moving.... I know I will once they have complete Canada coverage..not limited on their network!

7 replies

Wind will be limited for a while, they don't really have the subscriber base to justify much expansion outside of major cities/areas.
Userlevel 6
Well, there is not really anywhere else to jump ship....no one else is doing it, data is not unlimited in the US either, unless we are talking about small phone companies, that have no choice but to provide it in exchange of sub-par services. Wind has no money left, their own holding company wrote their value off to zero dollars. You need someone who is willing to part with a ton of money since building out a national network cost billions and we just don't have enough people living here to make viable business considering that there already 3 phone companies that have most of the market.
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

Well, there is not really anywhere else to jump ship....no one else is doing it, data is not unli...

It actually is unlimited in the Usa and Canada, but it's throttled after 5gb.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

Well, there is not really anywhere else to jump ship....no one else is doing it, data is not unli...

Not with the big ones it isn't, unless you are willing to pay the bucks.
Userlevel 5
Everyone has said people are going to jump ship to wind since wind launched. But a lot of the people that did jump ship, came right back due to poor network coverage and roaming charges WITHIN Canada. The irony is that Wind almost has a better offer for customers in the US than they do for customers here. If you leave your home zone here, all that unlimited data and minutes turns into 20c a minute and $1 a mb. As for global roaming....you have to remember, Canadian carriers don't get to use networks outside of Canada for free. While Koodo came out with some pretty awesome US roaming packages, its easier to partner with the US because their are a lot more people crossing the border on a daily basis, so the US still makes money. When you look international, there are a lot less people going to those places, and the carriers there still want to make the same money. So the price is higher.
"poor network coverage and roaming charges WITHIN Canada" is the reason I have not made the jump.... but REALLY hoping that Koodo will sweeten there plans before wind fixes there network issues and does not charge for roaming within Canada... And yeah I agree Wind has a really good US portion
Userlevel 5
BumslyM.Lalonde wrote:

"poor network coverage and roaming charges WITHIN Canada" is the reason I have not made the jump....

The reality of things is...when Wind has spent tons more money to build out their network and get that better coverage, its very likely their rate plans will go up in price to pay for that network.