Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Old Plan - new data rates

I have an old plan - $30 per month but I got the double the talk and data so I get 200 minutes and 200 mb of data - what is my cost if (or rather WHEN) I go over the 200 mb? will it be $5 for each 250mb of data? tx!

10 replies

Since that plan is no longer offered it hard to say if you are correct. You could contact Customer Service to confirm what the additional data cost is for you. By looking at the current Canada Wide Data Plans the $39/month plan shows on the bottom of the Data tab that additional data is $5/250MB. It has double the minutes and data that you currently have for $9 more.
Userlevel 4
Saher, you are correct on the overage rate. WIth that plan you were mentioning, it is $5/250 MB over the limit. tshooz, your input is appreciated but they are different plans and could have different rates. Luckily, they are the same 😛
Actually. I checked my plan on the desktop ( reg site instead of mobile site). The plan indicated that it would be $5/100 mb for this plan. For now I will keep an eye on it and c how often I would go over. If not often, I will stick with the plan I have. We have been with koodo now since 2008 at least .... And still happy with their service and customer service! Tx koodo. Dislike the ads ( annoying) but love the business model
Userlevel 4
Saher Z wrote:

Actually. I checked my plan on the desktop ( reg site instead of mobile site). The plan indicated...

How old is the plan? Koodo has a very similar plan with 200 minutes and 200 mb late last year.
Userlevel 4
Saher Z wrote:

Actually. I checked my plan on the desktop ( reg site instead of mobile site). The plan indicated...

Based on that overage rate you mentioned, the plan was probably the plan offered in April/May of 2013
Saher Z wrote:

Yes you are right, we doubled our minutes back in April/may of last year. Him, I wonder if that puts us into the $5/250 mb category. I think I shd probably talk directly to customer service. Tx for the feedback zaphod....you don' t happen to work for koodo do u lol
Userlevel 4
Saher Z wrote:

I do. All you gotta do is change to a current plan. For data included, take a peek. https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html Just came out today apparently. I was on the site earlier and it still had the previous plans posted. Must have just changed VERY recently
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Saher Z wrote:

Go ahead and call to make sure, but if your self serve says the overagerate is $5/100 MB, it's $5/100 MB.
Userlevel 4
Saher Z wrote:

Confirmed the overage based on the time he got the plans 😛
Userlevel 1
These "new" plans $UCK.