Koodo Community
Solved

Offered a data add-on over text, but can't claim it

• 19 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Koodo messaged me with an offer for either 2GB of additional data for $10/month, or 1GB of additional data for $7/month; all I have to do is text “ADD” or “DATA” to them before Aug. 31, and I can have either one. I’ve texted them several times, and each time the reply is, “Sorry, we’re temporarily unable to add this add-on to your account. Please try again tomorrow.”

icon

Best answer by Helen Koodo 23 August 2020, 16:01

Hi there,

I have great news! I was able to add this add-on to your account, so on your bill will appear the monthly charge + $7 for 1 GB of data. In order to make sure that your data will work without any problem, please power cycle your device.

All the best,

Helen

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is this your first day of trying? If so, try again tomorrow and if its still not working then you can contact customer service and see if they're able to add it for you.

Userlevel 5

Hey EricR! We’d love to help you out with this. What data add-on do you want to add?

Hey EricR! We’d love to help you out with this. What data add-on do you want to add?

Hey Mihaela, I’m interested in 1GB of data for $7/month. If you need account information from me, are we able to message privately?

Just following up, it’s been a couple days. I’m happy to call customer service directly to sort this out, but I don’t want to pay a $10 fee for having a customer service rep apply the add-on for me, since I’m making every effort to go through the channels preferred by Koodo right now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Eric,

I was able to find your account and I would like to know if you still want that add-on, because I can add it for you and it will be free of charge. 

Regards,

Helen

Hello Eric,

I was able to find your account and I would like to know if you still want that add-on, because I can add it for you and it will be free of charge. 

Regards,

Helen

Hey Helen. Yes, that would be great. As per the offer, 1GB of data for $7/month is the add-on I’m looking for. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi there,

I have great news! I was able to add this add-on to your account, so on your bill will appear the monthly charge + $7 for 1 GB of data. In order to make sure that your data will work without any problem, please power cycle your device.

All the best,

Helen