Koodo Community
Solved

Not getting Callbacks

• 29 August 2020
  • 10 replies

I am trying to cancel my line because I would like to switch to another provider. The Koodo assist chat scheduled me a callback two days ago, I never got a call. I tried again yesterday, never got a call. I am trying again today- no call. What do I do? 

icon

Best answer by Camebone 30 August 2020, 18:04

To all who may be experiencing a similar issue- I reached out via Facebook messenger yesterday and received responses from the Koodo team within a few hours. They were able to help me today with keeping me as a customer and I recommend if you aren’t getting callbacks to give it a go. 

Cheers!

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Forget about contacting Koodo entirely if you are switching providers. Deal with the new guys… they will handle the port and it will automatically cancel your Koodo account.

If you cancel with any provider first, you may very well lose your current number.

Userlevel 7

BobThe Electrician is correct to point out that you should not cancel your Koodo account prior to porting out your number to the new provider, if number porting is required. it is always worthwhile talking to a live agent to advise Koodo of your plan to transfer to another provider (they may offer you a better deal?) , and if you require number porting, to make sure that there is no block on porting out your number (and that there are no amounts owing on your account, which may also disrupt the number porting). Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions about porting. Truthfully, the question was specifically about not getting in touch with Koodo. Often the retention team puts in some effort to keep us as customers, like offering the promotion that a competitor is offering. I oddly feel bad to just leave them because they’re not getting in touch with me, but if their call back and FB messenger system is clogged up, I suppose it’s what I’ll do. Thanks for your time. 

Userlevel 7

Hopefully, one of Koodo’s ‘real’ officials will read your post and respond with a better offer. Otherwise, successful hunt in greener pastures.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Camebone There are lots promos available right now.  the extra 5gb data bonus is for both new an existing customers with the purchase of a phone on tab.  

Regrading the callback, pls makes sure our number is not blocked on your phone. I see that you booked a callback on the 28th of August. 

Userlevel 7

Bernard. Nice to see that the official reps are reviewing and responding to the customers’ concerns. Thank you!

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for the reply. Competitors are not requiring a new phone upgrade for the promotion, which is why I’m planning to switch. I’ve booked call backs three days in a row to no avail. 

To all who may be experiencing a similar issue- I reached out via Facebook messenger yesterday and received responses from the Koodo team within a few hours. They were able to help me today with keeping me as a customer and I recommend if you aren’t getting callbacks to give it a go. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Camebone Glad you were able to connect with us. As far as the other carriers,  to be honest they do the same. No carrier requires a phone upgrade if you open a new line.  This is one of those situations where only customers win.  Not telcos.  Since everyone is offering the same it’s really just a game of switcheroo. People moving from one carrier to another.  Competition is really about experience since all telcos offer the same phones and plans. Koodo does run on one of the best networks, we have the least number of dropped calls, we provide clear and simply billing, easy only access to your account. More customers stay with Koodo than with many other carriers. That is our goal. Not give you a reason to leave. Of course we can’t please everyone.  And that is fine. There is choice out there despite what people say competition is alive in Canada. :-) 

@Bernard Koodo That’s what retention is for- to keep us from doing the switch to one of the other two big carriers, Rogers (Fido) or Bell (Virgin), so there’s not THAT much competition… ;) Still, I’m happy to stay with Koodo for now. FB messenger was a great way to get in touch with someone.