Koodo Community
Question

not accepting adress for wifi calling

Using a samsung s9 bought through koodo. When I go to setup my wifi calling and I ge to the 911 address update page it will not go beyond that. I place in the correct information and hit ok then the page just reloads, no explanation of why it hasn’t gone to the next page. I have the VoLTE access setup in self service.. Any help I’d be grateful. I can provide more screen shots if needed, koodo help desks haven’t been very informative on this issue and I would prefer not to have to go into store if it isn’t needed.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I saw you had the wifi in the snapshot. Can you turn off the wifi and use LTE to enable Wifi calling? I wonder if wifi network had issue with their activation server.

I saw you had the wifi in the snapshot. Can you turn off the wifi and use LTE to enable Wifi calling? I wonder if wifi network had issue with their activation server.

it requires wifi connection in order to setup the connection 

Was worth a try though

My wife setup her Galaxy a4 for wifi calling on this network and they didn’t even ask for her address in the process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Eh, samsung A4 wasn't on Koodo list for wifi calling. Is your wife currently with Koodo?  

In the website Koodo mentioned the wifi network must not be the one that blocked voip and in Telus page, there were a list of several ISPs that need extra settings in the router to work. I would suggest you try on a different wifi network and see if the activation process go through. 

Yes my wife is with koodo, yes she has wifi calling enabled and has been using it for a few months now. She signed up for it though our network. we are will bell aliant for ISP. Her phone was also even bought through Koodo. 

I have also tried setting my ISP DNS, DNS2

to the google 8.8.8.8. 8.8.4.4 as well as suggested in other mentions of this issue.

I will just have to try at work when I am in next, but I do not understand if my wife can do it on an “unsupported” phone on our home network why I would be having issues with “step one” the confirm address portion of the sign up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think the activation process had issue with Wifi network. Once you activated, you can change your 911 address without wifi connection (I  tested on my iphone).

If possible, can you swap SIM temporarily with your wife and try to activate your wifi calling in her phone? Also, you could test if you can enable wifi calling with your wife SIM to make sure if the issue wasn’t from the phone itself.

Worth a try. I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ll have access to her phone before I will another wifi

I’ve been corrected by my wife, she has an a5

issue is repeated on her device with my sim, I can only assume network issue at this point

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

issue is repeated on her device with my sim, I can only assume network issue at this point

Looks like an issue with your line/account,

I would send koodo a private message via facebook or twitter

Looks like an issue with your line/account,

I would send koodo a private message via facebook or twitter

Just sent a message. I hope there maybe a solution from them, Thank you for your help so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

St [space].[no space]JOHN’S is not a valid city. Have you tried St. John’s?

St [space].[no space]JOHN’S is not a valid city. Have you tried St. John’s?

I have tried all different ways of typing it in yes. St. John’s was my defualt then the St . John’s, stjhon’s Saint John’s St Johns etc.