Koodo Community

Community

No sim card recognition

Help, so I cracked my screen on my one Samsung Galaxy Ace, and my friend gave me the same phone, but my sim card it not being recognized, what can I do?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Chantal, Is the phone unlocked that your friend gave you? Sorry to hear your phone got damaged!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Chantal, Is the phone unlocked that your friend gave you? Sorry to hear your phone got dama...

Or is it a Koodo phone your friend gave you?
Userlevel 7
As long as the "new" Ace is a Koodo phone (more than likely it is) it should work right away. Did you suspend your account when you broke your original Ace? Make sure that's cleared. You could take a look into upgrading your phone. The Ace is very low-end Android.
Yes it is a Koodo phone, if that helps, I am just scared the sim card got damaged or something...lol just upgraded haha, I am okay with being a bit behind in new tech.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chantal Tshimanga wrote:

Yes it is a Koodo phone, if that helps, I am just scared the sim card got damaged or something......

Either the friend's phone has issues with the sim card slot or your sim might be damaged. See if you can test another sim/phone with a friend or at a koodo kiosk
Userlevel 6
Hi Chantal, does it say "Unregistered SIM Card"? You should check if you're on 2G: Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile networks > Use only 2G networks. If you see that 2G is enabled, simply uncheck the box and your phone should work fine 🙂 Keep us updated! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.