Koodo Community
Solved

No SIM card error

• 25 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Nothing has changed on my phone, my SIM was not removed and yet mid day I received a notification that I'm on emergency calls only - no SIM inserted. I have tried resetting network settings, inserting the sim after removing and restarting my phone. Nothing has changed. I am a single parent at home with an infant, I have to have service. 

icon

Best answer by Sophia 25 April 2021, 01:43

It could be that the SIM card shifted a little (not likely) or packed it in (rare, but happens). Do you have another phone you can try the card in? 

Also, make sure you check self server to see if anything odd is going on with your account and no one has stolen your account…

Lastly, did you pay your bills? I know it sounds like an odd question but… we all forget things at times :smile:

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It could be that the SIM card shifted a little (not likely) or packed it in (rare, but happens). Do you have another phone you can try the card in? 

Also, make sure you check self server to see if anything odd is going on with your account and no one has stolen your account…

Lastly, did you pay your bills? I know it sounds like an odd question but… we all forget things at times :smile:

As soon as I checked the not, it showed my bill due May is paid in full (there's actually a credit owing) and I have checked all the ports, removed the SIM and put it back in to no avail. Even did the system update for my phone (Pixel 4a) no luck and it seems that their Facebook is down as well or not receiving messages. It shows sent but not delivered. I do not have another device. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does their Facebook page show it’s been delivered yet? Their responses are not instant, but they should definitely receive it. I can also flag a rep for you here to see if anything odd is going on with the account itself. Do you use the same email address here as in self serve?

Hi Sophia, yes my email address is the same. And the Facebook Messenger message shows as sent but not delivered (so the circle is light grey but not filled in).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Done :) 

Userlevel 3

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Will you please reinsert the sim card on your phone and restart the phone? Then, please make an outgoing call and let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

Still says no SIM card, emergency calls only to 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Still says no SIM card, emergency calls only to 

Could you provide some more info about the issue that you are having? Did you recently get a new phone, are traveling, etc? Has anything changed between since it was and now isn't working?