Koodo Community
Question

No service in Spain

Took a vacation to Spain and I have the international easy roam enabled for my account. However I have no service at all. Tried rebooting my iPhone, removing and reinserting my SIM, manually selecting each of the 5 carriers available and still no luck. Didn’t have this issue when I was with Telus, I had expected the transition would be seamless. Any suggestions????

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you turn on roaming on your phone? Are you at least connected for emergency calls only?

I've flagged this for a rep to look into. It might require a refresh of some sort accountside
I have roaming on yes. Both data and voice.
Userlevel 3
Hello there! When you get a chance please send us a private message on Facebook so we could look into the issue with you https://m.me/Koodo
Sorry but I do not have a Facebook account and it requires that I receive a text message to set one up. I can only receive iMessage at this point not sms. What other means can you assist me?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also send them a direct message via Twitter.

Also when you log into self serve are you all paid up? You are on postpaid right?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey @Mledwink - could you please try restarting your phone. You should be able to use the service now 🙂. Let us know if it still doesn't.
I was all
You can also send them a direct message via Twitter.

Also when you log into self serve are you all paid up? You are on postpaid right?

I am all paid up, seems it’s been corrected by them though.
Hey @Mledwink - could you please try restarting your phone. You should be able to use the service now 🙂. Let us know if it still doesn't.
Hi Chris, I restarted and seems I am up and running. I’ll check to see if the other phone on my account is also able to connect now also. Thanks for your efforts on your side.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey @Mledwink - could you please try restarting your phone. You should be able to use the service now 🙂. Let us know if it still doesn't.Hi Chris, I restarted and seems I am up and running. I’ll check to see if the other phone on my account is also able to connect now also. Thanks for your efforts on your side.

My bad! I didn't realize you needed it on both lines. I fixed the other line as well 🙂
Thanks Chris, is this something that I will have to revisit each year when I travel? Was it SIM card based? What was the root cause? Was there anything I could have done in advance?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Nop, this will be the last time! For some reason there was a feature that was missing from both lines. Normally, this feature is added on automatically when Easy Roam is added. I'll definitely be flagging this to the team so that they can investigate why it may have happened 🙂
Excellent, thanks for clarifying that detail. Thanks for getting this sorted out.

Mike