Koodo Community

Community

Solved

No confirmation of plan change

So I tried to change my plan using the self serve, no luck. Kept getting an error that said try again later. Its a promo rate that expires today, so I tried calling. I got a rep who made the change and said I should get a text message to confirm the change. That was about 8 hours ago and I haven't received any text message on either of the lines I changed. Of course I haven't been able to get through to ask, but how long does it take before the text is sent? If something went wrong with the change and the promo isn't applied, can customer service fix it after the promo has expired, like tomorrow? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Craig,

Check your e-mail, my confirmation came through e-mail when I contacted Koodo via Facebook. If not, check your rate plan in self serve. If you had the change take effect immediately, then you should be able to see it there.
No changes yet. I haven't received any email (checked spam folder as well). Self serve still says our old rate plans, and still does not give me the ability to change. I'm still getting the error message and to try again later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Ayre wrote:

No changes yet. I haven't received any email (checked spam folder as well). Self serve still says...

Craig I'm unable to pull up any accounts matching your name or email address. Are you comfortable sharing the phone number on here? (I can mask it once you post for privacy). 
Craig Ayre wrote:

No changes yet. I haven't received any email (checked spam folder as well). Self serve still says...

My wife and I have a linked account which was set up under her name, Laura Ayre, which we're both authorized to make changes to. The number for me is .... but we were trying to make the change to both our lines
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Ayre wrote:

Thanks for that Craig. I see a note on your account saying that your wife spoke with an agent and the plan change was processed. It says that she was informed the change will take 24-hours to take effect and that they went over the pro-rated charges, since this is being adjusted part-way through your billing cycle. You should see the update in self-serve tomorrow . Should anything go wrong (fingers crossed it doesn't), let us know and we'll make it right. 
Craig Ayre wrote:

Great, thanks! It was applied for both lines? 9445 and 9447?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Craig Ayre wrote:

I see two separate notes on the account, but they both reference the 9447 number. I'll flag it with our agents to make sure the changes are applied to both lines. 
Craig Ayre wrote:

Thank you, yes. We were applying the $55 promo (unlimited min/text and 3GB data) to both accounts. I tried to be very specific to the agent. We just want to make sure that both accounts can get the rate applied before it expires and there's no issues because our current plan was a very old promo and we don't want to lose it unless we're 100% certain that it's going to be correctly applied for both.