Koodo Community

Community

Solved

new vehicle help please

we've recently purchased a new 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn, I want to be able to access all features, Bluetooth, etc..do I have to buy a data plan, I have recently upgraded to the new 35 plan talk & texting, but how much will it cost to add? with the new offers hope I made sense, thanks for all your help

4 replies

Userlevel 7
You don't need a data plan to sync your phone with your car for features like Bluetooth, etc. Those features are built into the phone. I would highly suggest looking in your trucks owners manual and it will most likely tell you how to set up bluetooth and everything else you need.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Darlene! The only thing data will be useful for, is getting a GPS with Google maps. Though, you could buy an application (if you have a smart phone) as TomTom or Navigon so you can use GPS without a data plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Darlene! The only thing data will be useful for, is getting a GPS with Google maps. Thou...

I'd recommend Co-Pilot Live. It's only $15 and you get Canada/US maps for that price.
Thank you folks, I do have a nav system in the truck, so don't need it on my phone, you have been very helpful Ahmad and Robert, I appreciate your help and have a great evening