My new phone arrived today! (very speedy service). It came with a SIM card that I don’t need. However, I’m giving my old phone (iphone 6S) to my husband and we would like to transfer his number from Telus to Koodo.
- Does he need to set up a Koodo account or can I do this for him through my account?
- Can we use the SIM I just got in today’s mail?
- If not, do we order a SIM first and then get back to Koodo to transfer the Telus number? (I checked his number and it’s okay for Koodo)
Best answer by Dennis
- you can do it both ways. If you want both lines on 1 account, you can add a new line to your account. Or your husband can sign up on his own.
- No. Since it will be a new line, Koodo will need to send you a sim that will be pre-activated based on when it will arrive.
- Just order the new line. When you get the new line and sim, you can login to self serve and port the number over. Do not do it prior to the sim arriving or you may be stuck with a ported number on a sim that has not arrived yet (as couriers can easily be delayed to lose packages)