Koodo Community
Solved

new sim card

Hi there, 

I picked up a sim card from koodo store in nanaimo (not activated). How do I set it up in my boyfriends phone and activate a new account/plan for him. He has a phone and wants a new number with koodo  

Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 31 March 2021, 07:27

I've cleared cache, tried every link including via live chat. Nothing works and I'd like to view and pay my bill... argh

Have you received an activation email from Koodo with the link to create your selfserve account? 

If you want to pay right now, you can dial 611 from your Koodo number and follow the instruction to check the balance and pay with their automated system. However, it is much better to have access to your selfserve and check the detail of the bill. 

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You bought a SIM at a store and they didn't activate your account?

Did you pay $45 for SIM?  If you are a new customer, then they should run a credit check and activate it at a store.

Or, you already have an account with Koodo and just picked up a SIM?

Hi,

I paid 11$ for the sim card. I have an account myself and didnt want to wait for a full billing cycle to add an account for my boyfriend. 

I'd like to set him up with the same plan I have. So I have this new sim card (unactivated). He has his own phone and would like a new koodo number with his plan

Help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately that's not the process. 

You either need to activate in store and they give you a free Sim.

Or you add a plan online to the cart and they mail you out a sim they preactivate 

Thank you. I'll go back to the koodo store to set it up. 

On another note, I havent been able to sign in to self serve. The link has an error. 

I'd like to view my bill and pay it :)

Cant log in 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try this link

What error are you getting?

Also try clearing your browser's cache

Link doesnt work. URL rejected??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Link doesnt work. URL rejected??

Can you use different device to login?

Or try not use Chrome to login.

I've cleared cache, tried every link including via live chat. Nothing works and I'd like to view and pay my bill... argh

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you received an activation email from Koodo with the link to create your selfserve account? 

If you want to pay right now, you can dial 611 from your Koodo number and follow the instruction to check the balance and pay with their automated system. However, it is much better to have access to your selfserve and check the detail of the bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens when you try the link on a different browser and/or device? 

I ordered a new sim card I have not received it until now. Here's my order number. HF029814297. Is there anything wrong that makes it not be here 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I ordered a new sim card I have not received it until now. Here's my order number. HF029814297. Is there anything wrong that makes it not be here 

Online it states that the order will ship within 2 weeks, how long ago did you order it?

Is there any way I can be able to cancel it.. Because I can not wait for that long to get a sim card. I want to go and get it on the stone. Please what can I do to cancel it.  Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there any way I can be able to cancel it.. Because I can not wait for that long to get a sim card. I want to go and get it on the stone. Please what can I do to cancel it.  Thanks 

Im gonna flag this for you and see if we can get an update on the shipment first.

If it hasn't been processed then you can contact customer service to cancel it.

If it has been processed then you may just be able to go into a store and pick up a sim card and have it activated on that already created line.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi! The order is completed and it was already shipped with Canada Post. For SIM only activations, there are no tracking numbers, if you did not receive the SIM this means that it might have been lost by the courier. You have to reach out to Webstore team via e-mail koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com and request for another SIM to be sent or request that the account to be cancelled ( in case it was already activated, because when a SIM is shipped, the account is also activated ). Thank you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Roseemejuru Or as @Allan M mentioned, you can visit a store to purchase a SIM and use it with your phone ( if the account was already activated ) and get back to us, and we can apply a credit for the SIM card price. 

The way to know if the account was activated, is if you received an e-mail to register for Koodo self-serve.