Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New rate plans with existing tab

I have a tab on my current plan. If I go into a kiosk and pay off my tab, can they switch me to one of the new lower rate plans then? I'd like to avoid paying the service call fee if possible.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes Btw because you cannot switch the plan yourself, koodo has waived the fee for having a telephone rep do it for you
Userlevel 7
As far as I know, store reps can only change your plan if you're upgrading your phone. Since you can't change the plans in Self Serve yet, you won't be charged the service fee when you call in.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

As far as I know, store reps can only change your plan if you're upgrading your phone. Since you ...

Oops sorry Jonathan is right, kiosk can't change your plan
The key point being here that I have to go in and pay off my existing tab balance first, though, and THEN make the call? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Monique Dupuy wrote:

The key point being here that I have to go in and pay off my existing tab balance first, though, ...

Customer service will do all that for you when you call
Userlevel 6
Monique Dupuy wrote:

The key point being here that I have to go in and pay off my existing tab balance first, though, ...

Customer Care can actually do the Tab Payoff for you if your account is in good standing 🙂
Userlevel 6
Chad is right, the new plans require your tab to be put on a specific setting that only customer care can do, so if your tab is at 0 they will take care of helping you with that.

*611 From Your Phone or

Dial 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636).Hours of operation (Eastern Standard Time):
  • Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm
  • Saturday: 9am - 7pm
  • Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can pay off the tab on self serve too
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

No you cant, the new self serve does not allow you to
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Dang 😞 I hope they bring it back
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Yeaaah they removed it because alot of people would do it and call saying it was a mistake 😕 Even if there are two confirmation screens hahaha
Thanks to all who replied. I called *611 and was able to pay off my existing tab and switch to the new, lower rate plan effective on my next billing cycle. No charge for the call, as Self Serve would not allow me to switch the plan myself.
Userlevel 6
Monique Dupuy wrote:

Thanks to all who replied. I called *611 and was able to pay off my existing tab and switch t...

Awesome happy to hear that!