Koodo Community

New Pre-Paid Customer with 2 lines

• 21 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I’m helping my in-laws switch to Koodo, and I’m having a hard time figuring out how to set up 2 lines under one account. 

I went through the process of ordering for one of them, but we need to have another line added under the same account. How do we order the second SIM card? Because the service is not yet activated, they don’t have a Self Serve account yet, so I can’t go that way. And I don’t want to wait for it to arrive, because then we’ll need to simultaneously cancel their Telus account, which would deactivate the 2nd line they have with Telus as well. 

@Bernard Koodo can you help please? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For postpaid account. : If you are a new customer, you cannot add 2nd line on that account “online" within 90 days of activation. If you want to add 2nd line on that account before the 90day, you would have to visit a koodo kiosk or retail. 

If you are talking about prepaid, then the answer is there is only one line per account. You would have to open 2 prepaid account for 2 lines. 

@Dinh Sorry, yes I did actually mean post-paid! Thanks for the advice, I’ll see if a Koodo store can help.