Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New Plans Great Koodo Unfair to existing customers!

Userlevel 2
The new plans are great Totally Bogus That Existing Tab Customers cannot get Them! Koodo You should know better my tab will get paid out and i will be gone!

15 replies

Userlevel 7
The new plans ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU

Just pay off your tab and call customer service. They'll switch you for free.
Userlevel 2
Thats not At all Fair, Why not just transition my tab to My new plan which is what makes 100% sense. if i have to pay my Tab off That makes me a free agent and No longer beholden to a company Thats unwilling to treat existing customers to the same perks as new ones.
Userlevel 7
Because the system had been revamped and old tabs aren't compatiable with the new plans
Userlevel 2
Thats The excuse but when I signed up they said U can Change to any Plan we offer etc.. Just pay your tab Charge and any plan u like. So Essentially They Lied to me.
Userlevel 2
Yeah pay off your tab charge and change plans.. Not really that complicated..
Userlevel 3
Realistically it is fair how it's been set. The reason you can't switch to the new plan while having an existing plan is because Koodo is contributing 10/15% of your bill towards your tab each month to pay it off. Where as new customers are getting the new plans have to pay either an additional $7 or $15 on top of their monthly plan cost to pay for the phone if they haven't bought it outright (they don't get the tab contribution). So for example if you had the $45 plan and add the $15 contribution (that makes $60) now it's the same cost as the old 1gb plan was. To let you have the $45 plan and get 4.50/6.75 each month towards your tab, you see where it's not equal.
Userlevel 2
See i have No Problem with Paying the 15 I an In fact paying 65 for the Old 60 with the $5 tab charge, They won;t even transition my tab balance into the new tab system which is What I think Is Unfair.
Userlevel 2
Why would they? You have two options.. 1) stick with your current plan or 2) pay off your tab owing and switch plans
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Why would they? You have two options.. 1) stick with your current plan or 2) pay off your tab owi...

Because a selling feature for koodo was being able to switch your plan whenever you want,now you can't. Having to pay off your phone to switch plans is not the same
Userlevel 1
I love the new system quit complaining evebtually everyone will transition to this after their tabs or plans expire ....im gonna pay the rest of my tab off soon and i just got the galaxy s6 because the htc one camera was horrible after the update love this hate the old koodo system
elvira wrote:

I love the new system quit complaining evebtually everyone will transition to this after their ta...

Really? $760 for a new phone? That's just crazy! I'll stick with my S3.
I have the $56 double promo plan with 2 GB of data. After my tab is paid off, I expected to get 10% off my plan. I would have the Canada wide plan with 2 GB of data for $50.40. With the changes, if I want to keep 2 GB of data, it will still cost $56 or I can decrease my data to 1 GB and pay $45. Koodo now charges $63 for a plan with 2 GB of data. Is 1 extra GB worth $18 per month? I don't think so. I don't think it's even worth the $11 per month it would cost me. I would keep it for $5.40 though (if I got the 10% discount on my plan that I was promised). It seems like Koodo is just trying to get rid of the old promo plans. I'm not happy about this!
Userlevel 7
John Barclay wrote:

I have the $56 double promo plan with 2 GB of data. After my tab is paid off, I expected to get 1...

You're not forced to upgrade, you can keep your 56$ plan. As far as data pricing goes, I invite you to look at the other carriers (virgin, fido, Bell, telus). I think you'll find higher data prices then you'd like to pay there too. Regional carriers like Videotron and Wind offer better deals but at the cost of coverage.
John Barclay wrote:

I have the $56 double promo plan with 2 GB of data. After my tab is paid off, I expected to get 1...

Not compatible, yeah sure. Understood, but here's an easy fix so that you don't forget about your existing customers. Just keep paying off the same 10% off of the existing customers old tab and have the customer just pay the whole amount for the new plan. As for Wind, their coverage is slowly but surely increasing.
John Barclay wrote:

What is frustrating for people is that they can't get a new plan and start paying $15/month or whatever their current phone rate is until there phone tab is paid off. they have to pay it in a one time fee. Some people may not be able to afford $600 in a onetime fee but could afford the $15/month!

Maybe if like me they needed a bit more data/month so they went online to see what plan to switch to, there were always great promo plans. Now due to the new system there are no great plans for exsisting users which means to get the data I need the only logical step is to pay of my tab, which is what Koodo is hoping for.

If your phone is a currently offered phone by Koodo, I see no reason to not let people switch to the new plans and pay their tab off at the give per month rate!