Koodo Community

Community

New plans are horrific! Booo to you Koodo!

Userlevel 1
I just checked out the plans today and they have changed drastically! All the plans have gone up without any benefit to data. I have been with Koodo since they started but now they are not even competing with the other discount dealers anymore. There is no reason to stay here if you are planning a change. I can't see them attracting new customers or keeping present clients anymore.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
I agree that these plans are lacking the Koodo-quality we used to get in plans. Koodo used to be the #1 option but now they are just the same as the rest, unfortunately.
Userlevel 5
Yeah it's really too bad the new CRTC code was used to make such drastic changes. I could see some increase due to the shorter term requirements, but all carriers saw an opportunity and ran with it unfortunately.
Userlevel 7
Jorden wrote:

Yeah it's really too bad the new CRTC code was used to make such drastic changes. I could see so...

I hope the CRTC steps in one more time in terms of pricing.
Userlevel 6
Jorden wrote:

Yeah it's really too bad the new CRTC code was used to make such drastic changes. I could see so...

The shorter term requirements should have been entirely absorbed by the higher device prices. Plans did not have to go up significantly in price.
Userlevel 1
For instance the unlimited plan went from $52 to $64 for no reason whatsoever except to gouge their customers. That's a $12/month increase in one shot. It's highway robbery. Time to complain to our MP's and complain, we will soon have the most expensive cell phone service in the world.
Userlevel 6
gerrydee wrote:

For instance the unlimited plan went from $52 to $64 for no reason whatsoever except to gouge the...

Complaining to MPs and stuff like that won't make a dent gerrydee. You know what works? Keep your money. When demand is down, so are prices. Remember the financial crisis in 2008? As bad as it was, it had the benefit that for a couple of months, we had normal gasoline prices. Demand for the stuff was at its lowest, so much that petrol moguls actually paid for large tankers to remain still at sea in order not to add to the current stock, which would have sent prices even lower. Demand is what drives everything, including the mobile industry. Demand is there and it's high, so they can sell it at whatever price they think people will pay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gerrydee wrote:

For instance the unlimited plan went from $52 to $64 for no reason whatsoever except to gouge the...

David's right. Complaining won't do much, as almost all consumer concerns have been addressed by the CRTC. I'd still like them to force national carriers to abandon regional pricing and force a reasonable wholesale rates to MVNOs, but in reality that's about all they can do. 3 year contracts are gone, outrageous cancellation fees are gone, the contracts are much simpler to understand and unlocking your device is simpler as well. I'll probably be switching to prepaid once my tab is paid off. Voting with your wallet is what counts.