Koodo Community
Solved

new phone purchase /keep plan

• 12 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, My current (original) iPhone se will not hold charge even after replacing battery. I own the phone and trying to upgrade to the new iPhone buying it outright no tab, but the Koodo website will not allow me to do so without changing my plan!!! My plan has a data add on that I want to keep, otherwise I will be paying more per month for much less. I tried to buy it at best buy but they said I HAD  to have monthly tab which forces a new plan.
No one will let me JUST buy the phone and keep my plan.
how can I get the iPhone from Koodo, 

or

I found iphone se available on Costco.ca unlocked, if I order there will it be compatible with Koodo network if I just switch my SIM card from current phone ?

or if I order it from Apple.

it’s not that I want to pay this much money, but buying the phone and keeping my plan saves me more in the long run, then doing tab and new plan. 

thank you for reading this and any help is greatly appreciated. :)

icon

Best answer by Allan M 12 December 2020, 17:06

You can definitely get the phone from Costco or Apple and then just put your sim card into it. That would be the best way to keep an old plan you have!

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can definitely get the phone from Costco or Apple and then just put your sim card into it. That would be the best way to keep an old plan you have!

@Allan M thank you ever so much for your quick reply. So close to Christmas I know online orders are delayed in transit now so I wanted to order asap, and I am not a techy person,  very basic as I’m sure you guessed. I’ve spent hours searching the web trying to find out if this was possible. Seemed like a simple question but you are the first that answered it honestly.
You are a GEM! Thank YOU, thank You! 

wishing you a wonderful day and a Merry Christmas!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Allan M thank you ever so much for your quick reply. So close to Christmas I know online orders are delayed in transit now so I wanted to order asap, and I am not a techy person,  very basic as I’m sure you guessed. I’ve spent hours searching the web trying to find out if this was possible. Seemed like a simple question but you are the first that answered it honestly.
You are a GEM! Thank YOU, thank You! 

wishing you a wonderful day and a Merry Christmas!

Not a problem! Enjoy the new phone and Merry Christmas to you too!

My old phone broke and I was sent a replacement. I own the phone. How do I transfer my Koodo plan to this phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My old phone broke and I was sent a replacement. I own the phone. How do I transfer my Koodo plan to this phone?

Take your sim from your old phone and put it in your new phone

There is nothing else I need to do? I am worried that when I switch it the phone will not work. I don’t have to do anything with my settings on my new phone?

thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To get your phone to be active with koodo, that is basically it.

If you want your settings to the be the same you will need set those manually or depending on your new phone you may be able to back up and restore with your old settings with that phone’s migrating app.