Koodo Community

Community

New koodo add ons

Userlevel 3
Would really love to see some more add ons available for koodo such as extra minutes i know Telus has a $10 add on for 100 mins $20 for 200 etc it would be really cool if koodo came out with such add ons or maybe something a tad different like a $10 add on that doubles the mins you have? something to consider

58 replies

Userlevel 6
They used to have a 100 minute add-on. Couldn't have been very popular because it's been gone for a while. Most people just step up to the next plan with more minutes. It's the same idea.
Userlevel 3
not that easy for me lol i got the super 6GB plan that has 250 mins so i'd have to give up my 6GB of data to get more minutes, this is why for those of us with plans like this it would be nice if we were offered an add on
Luke Michael Lindsay wrote:

not that easy for me lol i got the super 6GB plan that has 250 mins so i'd have to give up my 6GB...

do you still have have that super 6GB plan? maybe you can transfer to me,

not that easy for me lol i got the super 6GB plan that has 250 mins so i'd have to give up my 6GB...

I've been trying to get 6gb forever. I don;t know how you got it but I want it!

I've got the same problem Luke! I'm on that same plan but I flirt with that 250 minute cap every month! I also go over 1GB every month or I'd be switching to the current $60 Canada-wide plan!

Just gotta say, for people who don't user over a gig of data a month, the $60.00 Canada wide plan is awesome, compleatly free calling in canada! The unlimuited minutes are fantastic.

the new 60 plan is unlimited everything with 2 GB data!

yup 2G of internet is now included in the "60.00" plan, AND they have lowered it to 57.00 a month 🙂

love this plan

YOu know that on your 6gb plan you have unlimited incoming calls. the 250 is just your out going till your evening start at 5 pm
Userlevel 1

This suggestion is put "Under Consideration" by Koodo, it was posted 8 months ago.

you have 6gb data plan? why not use FONGO , text me or mobile voip, the voice apps even give you a Canada phone number free of charge! You can have umlimited mins to talk !!!!
Userlevel 1

I'm in the same boat as you Luke. No add ons available for 6G plans.
Userlevel 4
There used to be a "100 minutes for $10" Koodo add on. I guess it didn't sell at that price point, even when Koodo substantially increased the cost of overage minutes.
i think thats a pretty great idea, id like to see 500mb add ons for 15.00 and othe increments too... i guess time will tell
Helena Sahs wrote:

i think thats a pretty great idea, id like to see 500mb add ons for 15.00 and othe increments too...

they do. The data heavy-weight option is a $15 add-on that gives you 500mb's. If you go over 500gb the cap will go to 1gb for an extra $5, and so on. In levels of 500mb.
Userlevel 5
Helena Sahs wrote:

i think thats a pretty great idea, id like to see 500mb add ons for 15.00 and othe increments too...

I think Helena is talking about even though you already have a plan with data included, that you should be able to add in more data.
Userlevel 1
Following what I know aout "Wireless Companies Plans" it's something that is well studied and organised by diffeent companies follwoing competition offer and demand, companies know before they market their plans that they should bring changes and watch carefully what other companies are doing, let's say that Lucke wants Koodo to add a 100 minutes or 200 minutes addons for 10/20$, knowing that if he has a 35$ plan why add 200 minutes for 20$ - if he can change his plan to the unlimited one that cost only 50$ and he will be saving 5$ - not a good idea this Addons add.
Userlevel 4
That is true, Mat. And they not only watch the competition, they also run calculations on how a new price plan (option) would change their own bottom line. If the can get away with charging a crazy 45 Cents/min for, say 25 min, or $5 for 100 min, (both on average in a given customer segment) they are not going to offer the latter add-on - until these customers start moving a) to a competitor or b) to other priceplans with an even lower margin, or c) the provider wants to grow their economies of scale through attracting new customers enough to make up for more than they lose in margin from existing customers. This is why special offers are often not communicated to existing customers, although that would be cheap & easy to do. The provider knows that some customers will switch to the cheaper/better offer, but it wants to keep that number low. In other words: If a provider offers you a new deal proactively, you better check twice. I was positively surprised by Eastlink (cable provider) several times though, when they offered to extend a promotion actively. This is good for customer loyalty. 🙂 As for Koodo: The price for overage minutes must have increased by 50% or more since 2010. Step by step by 5 Cent increments. This seems to work well for Koodo.
Daniel AJ wrote:

That is true, Mat. And they not only watch the competition, they also run calculations on how a n...

thats really not true i work for koodo and we are always told to offer all our customers the best deal we can because a happy customer for a long time in a cheaper rate plan is more valuable then a short term customer on a more expensive plan. we dont hide anything because we dont have anything to hide you don't need to check twice if someone from koodo offers you a lower plan
Daniel AJ wrote:

That is true, Mat. And they not only watch the competition, they also run calculations on how a n...

it also costs more to gain a new customer then to keep an existing one happy
Daniel AJ wrote:

Canadian consumers are more savy and price and value are their main concerns-currently Canadians pay a more than other nations. Wait untill Verizon shows up at our door. Telus should know better and offer Canadians more for their hard earned dollar. Daro
Userlevel 1
Daniel AJ wrote:

That's hilarious Ness! At South End Wally-Mart in Barrie, the manager chats with the girls, who pick fluff, off her sweater, in front of people holding $500.00 display phones in hand and NO ONE including manager, asks "can I help you?" No wonder Margins are Thin....LOL
I think you could offer better plans for the iphone, if it wasnt for the plans and the contract I would own one myself!!
Userlevel 5
Ammie P wrote:

I think you could offer better plans for the iphone, if it wasnt for the plans and the contract I...

You can use any plan if you put the iPhone on the tab or bring your own to Koodo.