Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New iphone with existing data plan

I have the 6 gigs data plan with Koodo, non-monthly contract.. Possible for me to get the new iphone 5s 32 or 64gigs at Bestbuy, sign a 2 years contract but keep my existing plan? Thx

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope 😃 And there is a terrific reason for that, Fremen, Koodo does not offer contracts! You can however get the iPhone on the Tab M and it will be paid off in two years, doesn't that sound a heck of a lot better than a contract? 😃
Yes but i want the iPnone 5s 32 or 64 gigs
Userlevel 7
Koodo doesn't carry the 32 or 64 models so you'll have to obtain it by other means elsewhere... Problem here is Best Buy will not sell you the iPhones outright without an activation (neither will any carrier or retailer) anyway. Good thing is you can keep whatever plan you have if you buy the iPhone outright without "signing" a contract, the only reason why people get some type of term is to get a subsidized phone.
Then i could go to best buy, cancel my existing account, get a new account, 2 years contract, iphone 5s 64gigs and keep my existing data plan, wich is the 6 gigs monthly data, right?
Userlevel 7
Fremen1972 . wrote:

Then i could go to best buy, cancel my existing account, get a new account, 2 years contract, iph...

No.
Fremen1972 . wrote:

Then i could go to best buy, cancel my existing account, get a new account, 2 years contract, iph...

Any solutions then? Other than buying the phone at 800$ and hook it up with Koodo? Wich is my case with my 4s
Userlevel 7
Fremen1972 . wrote:

You could sell your 4S too offset the cost but other than that, No
Fremen1972 . wrote:

Thx!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fremen1972 . wrote:

Sorry I missed the 32/64 bit in your question, Fremen! Glad you got your answer and sorry it's not what you wanted to hear 🙂
Fremen1972 . wrote:

Its ok, im crying but ill live lol