Koodo Community
Solved

new data plan but didnt change this month?

• 10 June 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello,
briefly, I want to know why my new data plan I changed with new phone did not change this month on self serve.

so, I recently upgraded my phone from S7 to S8 since Koodo offered me a $60 for 10GB if I change to small/medium tab phone.
And I was wondering if my plan will be effective after this month? because I changed my phone on May 19th and the previous billing was from Apr 10 to May 9. but I was wondering why I can't use 10GB right away. or does this month will be paid with overages from May 19th to June 9th?

and I will attach my screenshot of my plan below.
thank you :)

icon

Best answer by Dennis 11 June 2019, 00:12

It should be effective right away but there is also pro-ration.

So since you changed to the plan on the 19th, it means you should get two thirds of the 10 gb until June 9, and then the full 10gb from June 10-July 9

In self serve in your usage, what does it say you have?
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So since you changed to the plan on the 19th, it means you should get two thirds of the 10 gb until June 9, and then the full 10gb from June 10-July 9

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Because you switched your plan when 9 days in your billing cycle.
You new plan effect right away, but you have it for 21 days till end of your billing cycle. So you should have 7GB for this month. Then you will be able to access full 10GB next month.

Hello,
briefly, I want to know why my new data plan I changed with new phone did not change this month on self serve.

so, I recently upgraded my phone from S7 to S8 since Koodo offered me a $60 for 10GB if I change to small/medium tab phone.
And I was wondering if my plan will be effective after this month? because I changed my phone on May 19th and the previous billing was from Apr 10 to May 9. but I was wondering why I can't use 10GB right away. or does this month will be paid with overages from May 19th to June 9th?

and I will attach my screenshot of my plan below.
thank you :)

Thank you for your answers all the time!
In my self serve, it still says my previous data plane (2GB) for now.
Because you switched your plan when 9 days in your billing cycle.
You new plan effect right away, but you have it for 21 days till end of your billing cycle. So you should have 7GB for this month. Then you will be able to access full 10GB next month.

Thank you for answering.
I wonder if my previous data (2GB) is added up to 7GB this month then? Or just 7GB for this month?
And I'm little worried that my usage on self serve still states that I have 2GB for this month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It should be 7 gb from may 19 to June 9.

Then it should be 10gb for June 10 to July 9
Userlevel 4
Hi there! It turns out that there was a system error which has caused the plan to not change automatically, so you did keep your old plan actually. I manually changed your plan right away and your data will be prorated to 9GB and 667 MB for the remaining 29 days left of your billing cycle. Please power off your phone, and power it back on to ensure a good connectivity to the network. 🙂