Koodo Community

Community

New data add-ons

So, I just realized today that you no longer can add the data saver heavy weight to any of the currently offered plans*. Guess I should of read the fine print before switching off a plan that's no longer offered. (thanks for pointing that out leejohnny) Anyway, since you can't apply any data add-ons to any of the plans currently offered, it might be nice if we got a few updated options. So right now, once you reach into overage territory, your paying 20.48/GB (1024*.02) Something like $10-15 for 1GB add-on, 20-25 for 3GB. Don't get me wrong, as far as overage rates go, .02/MB is pretty good. I'd just like a little more flexibility. Myself, when I'm on the road I usually use 2 to 3GB, sometimes more if the internet at the hotel I'm staying at is horrible. *Edited: changed accounts to currently offered plans

8 replies

Userlevel 6
I'd personally like higher limits...or unlimited data even if speeds get throttled at a certain point.
John Burke wrote:

I'd personally like higher limits...or unlimited data even if speeds get throttled at a certain p...

Yeah, either of those would work for me too. I need to keep my data on for push notifications for work e-mail and what not, and a throttled connection would work fine for that. T-Mobile in the states currently does that.
Userlevel 5
John Burke wrote:

I'd personally like higher limits...or unlimited data even if speeds get throttled at a certain p...

Unlimited data... only if that was offered.
John Burke wrote:

Some day there will be Unlimited data. Anybody remember paying by the hour for dial up on a 9600baud modem, and liking it? 😉
Userlevel 3
John Burke wrote:

unlimited would be sweet even if it was limited at a certain point,
Userlevel 7
It was posted in another thread but I'll say it here too. The plans need a data booster I should be able to add gigabytes and pay for gigabytes. That way even with my plan which is a 60 dollar promo plan if I wanted to get an extra gigabyte I could at it on anytime 4 an additional 10 dollars . It would even work good as a 30 day add on. For the current plans maybe an ad on that makes your regular data saver the heavyweight saver for an extra fee. Right now for me the promo plans work but I keep an eye on it and if I need to oil change again.
Chad Burr wrote:

It was posted in another thread but I'll say it here too. The plans need a data booster I should...

I agree with both points.
Why not just extend the current data saver system with the new plans to allow for larger data use? say: $25 for up to 1gb $30 for up to 3gb (to match heavweight) and then $5 for each additional GB.