Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New customers

I am bringing in new unlocked phone from Wind mobile to other carrier such as koodo,fido or rogers. I have more requirement for data atleast upto 6 gb, if koodo can help me with best possible price and plan

12 replies

Userlevel 2
The most you can get is 2GB(depending on your location). Your Wind phone will not work on Koodo's network though.
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

The most you can get is 2GB(depending on your location). Your Wind phone will not work on Koodo's...

Can you even unlock Wind phones?
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

The most you can get is 2GB(depending on your location). Your Wind phone will not work on Koodo's...

Yup: How do I unlock my phone? Last Updated: Sep 09, 2013 03:56PM EDT To receive an unlock code: ▪️ Your service must be active ▪️ The service start date must be greater than six (6) months or 180 days ▪️ If your service is not active, you must pay your bill or top-up to become active again. You must have an active service for a minimum of 6 months or 180 days in total. ▪️ You are eligible to receive one unlock code per active line every 180 days (e.g. if you have 2 active lines for the past 180 days, you may receive 2 unlock codes) ▪️ You must pay the unlock code fee ($10) ▪️ A pay after customer will be automatically charged the $10.00 Unlock Code Fee in their next invoice. ▪️ Pay before customers must have sufficient balance in their account ($10.00) to process this request.
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

Oh, okay. I must've been thinking of Public Mobile. I wish their site had a search feature so I could confirm that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Whoa, let's backtrack. Your WIND phone will likely work with Koodo. Many WIND devices have the 850/1900 bands used by Koodo. In fact, I've just reviewed their entire lineup and the only phones from their current offering that won't work on Koodo (according to the posted specs) are the LG F4n, BlackBerry Curve 9320, Samsung T159, and the Huawei U2801. All are feature phones except the BB. I've personally used several WIND phones on Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Curtules, Public Mobile is CDMA.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Last I remember, A lot of WIND phones didn't work, but this could have changed.
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

Entirely CDMA? I was kind of wondering why I'm not getting customers threatening to switch to Public mobile anymore. I got nothing against CDMA myself, mind you, my own phone is CDMA. But that technology isn't exactly popular these days.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

http://www.publicmobile.ca/pmconsumer/phones?lang=en Can't be entirely CDMA. I don't know of any Android phones that are CDMA only.
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

I thought so too, but looking up the specs on those phones confirms, they are actually CDMA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

From Wiki: "Built by ZTE, Public Mobile's network is based on CDMA2000 1XRTT technology with the 3G Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) standard enabled."
Userlevel 1
Try here first: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml If it is compatible, ask for the 10% BYOD discount at signup.