Koodo Community
Question

New customer - Freedom porting to Koodo

• 30 September 2020
  • 13 replies

Hi guys,

Recently I just ported from Freedom to Koodo because of the special deal Koodo offered for freedom customers ($39 for 9 GB). 

My store rep told me that the extra $11 off cannot be listed under the contract because it’s a special internal deal. The store rep was also very nice and she waived the $40 activation fee for me but she said it will be refunded as credits when I receive the second bill. 

Store rep advised me to wait until the next billing cycle so I will be able to see the extra $11 off online. 

Is this how it works at Koodo? 

Any thoughts and advise would be appreciated!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Typically deals and discounts show up on the second bill.

Typically deals and discounts show up on the second bill.

Thanks Goran! I will definitely wait and check the 2nd bill. 

Userlevel 7

Yes. Wait for the next billing cycle and ask to talk to an official rep  via a callback if the bill does not reflect above noted agreements.

Yes. Wait for the next billing cycle and ask to talk to an official rep  via a callback if the bill does not reflect above noted agreements.

Thank you for your advise!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is how promotional credits work with Koodo from time to time.

I can confirm the promo is legitiment as long as you are porting over from Freedom at activation.  The $11 credit will reoccur for 24 months.

Personally since it is not on the contract, I would have recorded the conversation with the in-store rep

This is how promotional credits work with Koodo from time to time.

I can confirm the promo is legitiment as long as you are porting over from Freedom at activation.  The $11 credit will reoccur for 24 months.

Personally since it is not on the contract, I would have recorded the conversation with the in-store rep

Thank you! The only thing I couldn’t understand is the store rep said they are not allowed to list it under the actual contract due to special deal. :joy:

Any deals for people that are looking to port from Rogers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Any deals for people that are looking to port from Rogers?

Yes.  Port to Freedome/Shaw Mobile.  Then port to Koodo and you can get a $11 credit for the $50/9gb plan.   but i think this plan expires today.  Not sure when the $11 credit ends

I am in the same situation. I ported over two lines from Freedom. I am to receive $11 off for 24 months on the primary line and the secondary line would receive $11 0ff + $5 off for 24 months. The Data add-ons are already applied and I see them in Self-Serve. 

I received my first bill yesterday, and it shows $11 off only for the secondary line, but I do not see any discount applied to the primary line. So I am missing the $5 off on the secondary line and $11 off on the primary line. 

I was told the same thing by the store rep that it cannot be listed on contract because it is a special deal. 

I have already requested a callback where I wish to confirm the discounts with an official rep. Should I wait for the second bill for the full discounts on both lines to appear? 

Please advice. 
Thanks in advance. 

Hi guys,

Recently I just ported from Freedom to Koodo because of the special deal Koodo offered for freedom customers ($39 for 9 GB). 

My store rep told me that the extra $11 off cannot be listed under the contract because it’s a special internal deal. The store rep was also very nice and she waived the $40 activation fee for me but she said it will be refunded as credits when I receive the second bill. 

Store rep advised me to wait until the next billing cycle so I will be able to see the extra $11 off online. 

Is this how it works at Koodo? 

Any thoughts and advise would be appreciated!

yes it's all good it will show on next bill i've been a loyal for a long time when it was Telus 

I am in the same situation. I ported over two lines from Freedom. I am to receive $11 off for 24 months on the primary line and the secondary line would receive $11 0ff + $5 off for 24 months. The Data add-ons are already applied and I see them in Self-Serve. 

I received my first bill yesterday, and it shows $11 off only for the secondary line, but I do not see any discount applied to the primary line. So I am missing the $5 off on the secondary line and $11 off on the primary line. 

I was told the same thing by the store rep that it cannot be listed on contract because it is a special deal. 

I have already requested a callback where I wish to confirm the discounts with an official rep. Should I wait for the second bill for the full discounts on both lines to appear? 

Please advice. 
Thanks in advance. 

i would ✅

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm surprised to see one an with it and the other not on the bill. You could perhaps leave your order number here and I can flag a Rep to see if it was missed or they just didn't get to the other line in time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi there,

You will be able to see the offer on your bill, on the Mobile services section. 

Best regards, 

Helen