Koodo Community
Solved

New Customer Buyout Existing Plan?

• 4 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi! I’ve currently got a wireless plan with 2 phones and 2 tablets w/ Roger’s ending on March 15, 2021. I’m interested in your $50/month plan w/ 8GB data for the 2 phones, and adding a 3rd line. Would you be able to port the numbers over from Roger’s to Koodo, and buy out the remaining plans before the March 15, 2021 end date? 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 4 January 2021, 18:30

No. They don't buy out your plan. You need to pay out everything if they charge you for early cancellation..

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No. They don't buy out your plan. You need to pay out everything if they charge you for early cancellation..

Ok, thanks! I’ll probably just wait then. Also, if you’re a new user with a bring your own device plan, is there a contract? I mean, are you committed to their plan for a set period of time, or can you cancel anytime without fee? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, thanks! I’ll probably just wait then. Also, if you’re a new user with a bring your own device plan, is there a contract? I mean, are you committed to their plan for a set period of time, or can you cancel anytime without fee? 

No. If you are BYOD, there is no contract. You can move to different provider anytime you want. 

Even if you have a Tab, there is no contract.  BUT, you need to pay off Tab AND Tab bonus if you cancel early ( so, it kind of contract under different name IMO)