Koodo Community
Solved

New cost: 1000 minutes international free calls

• 30 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I've just received this email. This was a free service included with my account, so I'm not sure why I have to pay for it. I also don't see Italy among the countries anymore. Any insights? Thanks.

We want to keep you informed of upcoming changes that will affect the following phone numbers on your account:

As mentioned on your March bill, the cost of 1000 Long Distance Minutes will increase to $2 for the lines listed above. This change will be reflected on your April bill.
Please note: If you no longer need this service, simply remove it from your account at koodo.com
What to know about your 1000 International Long Distance minutes:
Applies to calls made to: Australia, UK, Germany, China, Hong Kong, India, and South Korea
Calls must be made within Canada
Long distance minutes work within the minutes included in your rate plan
Regular overage charges will apply if you go over included minutes
The $2 recurring rate is applicable each month with or without usage
Increases like this one help Koodo offer you the best service and value in the long run.
We always want to make sure that you fully understand the details of your Koodo services. So, if you have questions about your account, visit koodo.com/support to learn more.
We sincerely appreciate your business.
Thank you,
The Koodo Team
icon

Best answer by Allan M 30 March 2021, 04:55

It was free and now they are increasing the price. If you don’t want to pay the extra money you can remove it from your account to avoid that.

As for the countries included you can see a list in your self serve account. It should say right beside the add-on what countries are included. Italy has been included before in a version of this add-on.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It was free and now they are increasing the price. If you don’t want to pay the extra money you can remove it from your account to avoid that.

As for the countries included you can see a list in your self serve account. It should say right beside the add-on what countries are included. Italy has been included before in a version of this add-on.

I, too, received this email, but I don't have a plan with long distance minutes. I came here to find out if it's really from Koodo. Seems suspicious to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I, too, received this email, but I don't have a plan with long distance minutes. I came here to find out if it's really from Koodo. Seems suspicious to me.

It is from Koodo. Are you sure you don't have this feature on your account? Login to self serve, click on view rate plan, and then view add-ons and see if it's there.

Huh. It was there. Even though I told the guy at the kiosk I didn't want it, free or not. Lovely. Well, it's gone now.