Koodo Community
Question

Network coverage issues

• 25 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I suspended my phone number before coming to India. Now, I am having some issues with my bank and they are sending verification codes to my phone number which is now suspended. I reactivated my account by purchasing a new plan and also added easy roam, international voice roaming and international data roaming as add-ons. I tried to send a text out and still nothing. It says a message saying "the text will be sent when service is available." 

Thanks. .

8 replies

Badge +4

Have you tried manually selecting the carrier instead of letting your phone automatically select the carrier? 

A recent post here in the community mentioned that by manually selecting the carrier this allowed the customer to view/connect to the local network options (in their case IND Airtel or Vi India).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is your bill paid? You need to have an active subscription in order to receive texts.

How did you add easy-roam? Do you see it on your account? 

Yes. I added easy roam for $0 and same for the IVRoaming and IDRoaming. And I do see them all on my account under add-ons.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you add easy-roam? Do you see it on your account? 

Have you tried restaring your phone to see if you get service? 

Yeah, I did. Ir doesnt work. 

Edited

Here is what I have done so far and nothing works. 

1- Reset network settings- It also showed me a success message. I took the sim out and restarted my phone. 

2- Mobile networks- Sim is not letting me connect to any local mobile network.  When I tried connecting, it said “Unable to connect. Try later”.

3- Data roaming is on. I have added easy roam, international voice and data roaming. 

4- I have tried to change the network mode to GSM only. Right now its “LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)”. 

5- Access point is sp.Koodo.com.

Here is my question- If my sim is not able to connect to a local network, does that mean there is something wrong with either the sim or the phone itself? Should I try my sim in a different android phone? 

Also, should I still be covered by Koodo network or by its networking partner in India? If thats the case, does anyone know which is that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried restaring your phone to see if you get service?