Koodo Community
Question

Network coverage issues

• 25 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I suspended my phone number before coming to India. Now, I am having some issues with my bank and they are sending verification codes to my phone number which is now suspended. I reactivated my account by purchasing a new plan and also added easy roam, international voice roaming and international data roaming as add-ons. I tried to send a text out and still nothing. It says a message saying "the text will be sent when service is available." 

Thanks. .

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried restaring your phone to see if you get service? 

Here is what I have done so far and nothing works. 

1- Reset network settings- It also showed me a success message. I took the sim out and restarted my phone. 

2- Mobile networks- Sim is not letting me connect to any local mobile network.  When I tried connecting, it said “Unable to connect. Try later”.

3- Data roaming is on. I have added easy roam, international voice and data roaming. 

4- I have tried to change the network mode to GSM only. Right now its “LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)”. 

5- Access point is sp.Koodo.com.

Here is my question- If my sim is not able to connect to a local network, does that mean there is something wrong with either the sim or the phone itself? Should I try my sim in a different android phone? 

Also, should I still be covered by Koodo network or by its networking partner in India? If thats the case, does anyone know which is that?

Edited

Have you tried restaring your phone to see if you get service? 

Yeah, I did. Ir doesnt work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you add easy-roam? Do you see it on your account? 

How did you add easy-roam? Do you see it on your account? 

Yes. I added easy roam for $0 and same for the IVRoaming and IDRoaming. And I do see them all on my account under add-ons.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is your bill paid? You need to have an active subscription in order to receive texts.

Badge +4

Have you tried manually selecting the carrier instead of letting your phone automatically select the carrier? 

A recent post here in the community mentioned that by manually selecting the carrier this allowed the customer to view/connect to the local network options (in their case IND Airtel or Vi India).