Koodo Community
Question

Need help from a representative to port a number

• 5 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Over the past 3 days, I have had extreme difficulty trying to port my number from Koodo to Shaw. I lost my phone and got a new sim card with Shaw and am trying to port my number over, the issue is that I am unable to receive the text to confirm the port as I lost my old sim card.

In any case, on the first day I was told that they would have to manually port over the number, all they needed was confirmation from the account holder (which I am not). However Koodo has not been able to do so; over the past 3 days I have had 4 callbacks, the first one I was hung up on when they tried to transfer the call and did not get any follow up, the second and third call they said they would call the account holder but did not do so, and the fourth call this morning I was put on hold for 30 mins and then was hung up on without a word said from the rep. To make matters more complicated the account holder is no longer in Canada.

Would it be able to talk to a rep here such that I no longer have to waste anymore time. Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They required the account holder permission because of the fraud prevention policy. If you are not the account holder, you cannot authorize the number transfer. 

My suggestion is to ask the account holder to get a new SIM from Koodo to replace it first then you can transfer to another carrier. 

I have been told many times why they need the account holder’s permission. As mentioned in my prior message as of this morning the account holder is no longer Canada. Also the policy is a bit redundant as I can personally go and get a new sim from Koodo without the presence of the account holder; I have done this before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have been told many times why they need the account holder’s permission. As mentioned in my prior message as of this morning the account holder is no longer Canada. Also the policy is a bit redundant as I can personally go and get a new sim from Koodo without the presence of the account holder; I have done this before.

Your best/only option at this point may be to do that then. Get a new sim card, push the port through again, respond to the text.

Would it just be possible to get connected to a rep so I can talk to someone from Koodo please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Would it just be possible to get connected to a rep so I can talk to someone from Koodo please?

You could do that, but since you are not the account holder they will not be able to help you do what you are looking for. They will request that the account holder make the request. We are trying to help you save time by directing you in the best way to save you time and the koodo rep's time as they will say what Allan and Dinh have already told you. 

Now with that said, did you still want a rep to discuss this? 

Thanks for the help thus far. Just got off my fifth callback with Koodo. I will not be able to use a new sim as the verification process to switch numbers would still send a pin to the account holder’s number. The options provided are for the account holder to request a callback using their international number or to submit a Power Of Attorney letter to poadocuments@koodomobile.com.

For future reference I would suggest not to schedule a next callback with the rep on call and schedule it directly through digital rep as from personal experiences callbacks scheduled through a rep will be missed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How are you scheduling a call back witb the "rep on call"? Who is the "rep on call"? 

We were under the assumption you are requesting a callback via koodo assist 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Scheduled callbacks do not work for international numbers.

If the rep is saying the account holder's line is who receives the text, does the account holder have another line on the Koodo account? And why can't they receive and respond to that text instead of of having them contact them via callback or having a power of attorney (this is over kill and I do not this this is correct info) 

How are you scheduling a call back witb the "rep on call"? Who is the "rep on call"? 
Yes the rep on call is the some that called back via Koodo assist. The rep said that in this case they can make a callback to an international number but I have tried scheduling it via Digital Rep and it did not work so will work with them during another callback to schedule this.

If the rep is saying the account holder's line is who receives the text, does the account holder have another line on the Koodo account?

Yes the account holder has multiple lines, and I am currently using one of said lines.

And why can't they receive and respond to that text?

As mentioned before, they cannot receive or respond to said text due to them not being within Canada, they will have no signal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo has roaming agreements to multiple countries. 

Incoming texts while in a foreign country is always free. Sending a text might cost a couple dollars depending on the country. An option could be easy roam where they could pay a flat rate of $13 for a 24hour period to use their plan like they would in Canada if they are worried about unaccounted roaming charges from data leakage or something.