Feedback
need help for a new plan | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Solved

need help for a new plan

• 28 July 2021
  • 2 replies

I am an existing customer on a non-data plan.  I have an old Samsung phone.  I have now purchased an unlocked iPhone and wish to take advantage of the promoted $45/mth plan for 8GB.  I want to keep my current phone #.  I presume I will need a new SIM card.  Please advise.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 28 July 2021, 18:35

I am an existing customer on a non-data plan.  I have an old Samsung phone.  I have now purchased an unlocked iPhone and wish to take advantage of the promoted $45/mth plan for 8GB.  I want to keep my current phone #.  I presume I will need a new SIM card.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Generally speaking, you do not need a new SIM card. Depending on how old your phone is, you may need to get a replacement. When you purchase a phone, a new SIM card will be shipped to you. In the unlikely event that it ends up being incompatible, you can swap your old SIM card with the new one on your Self-Serve account. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is that plan available for you in self serve? If it is, upgrading to that plan is as easy as one click... No new SIM card needed!

If you don't see the plan, it might be a special promo plan for people who upgrade their phone with a tab. You can possibly still get it, but you'd need to contact them and ask for it. Once they change your plan, it's available immediately as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Generally speaking, you do not need a new SIM card. Depending on how old your phone is, you may need to get a replacement. When you purchase a phone, a new SIM card will be shipped to you. In the unlikely event that it ends up being incompatible, you can swap your old SIM card with the new one on your Self-Serve account. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support