Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Need Data added... Had to change plan

Im a Koodo customer for the last 3.5 years.  Recently upgraded to a new phone that I bought myself and began going over data.  Went to the Koodo Kiosk and they are not able to help since it all has to be done online to change plans.  So, I had to change my plan online to get more data since there was no add ons available for data only. Because im now going over again, I get a text message from Koodo stating that im now on a list for special offers and can add 1GB of data for $10.  I'm [b]so mad at Koodo that you can only get special offers once you pay through the roof for a phone bill for more than 2 months. This is unacceptable and now I lost all my perks of my old plan and Classic Tab. I want my old plan back and I want to add this additional data plan on instead.  How can I go about this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There generally isn't a way once you've gone over to a new plan. Unfortunately data is the defining factor of plans these days and you need to stay within the usage of a plan that you can afford. How much have you gone over? How much data does your plan currently have? I do wish that th 10 dollars per GB offer would extend to everyone but alas it does not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Felicia Unfortunately those add ons are offered based on a selection of criteria. Maybe if you would've waited a little more you would've gotten it on your old plan as well. Unfortunately there's no way to turn back to your old plan. Have a good day
You're absolutely right... Maybe I should have totally waited for my bill to get out of control again before my service provider would be so kind and gracious to extend an offer for my loyalty. Oh, next time I shall wait. However, I wasn't aware add ons were top secret... Thanks for your help mobile master Robert.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Felicia Murdock wrote:

You're absolutely right... Maybe I should have totally waited for my bill to get out of control a...

The onus is on us consumers to be responsible for our allotments that we pay for. The overage rate is plainly stated. Unfortunately data just doesn't get you as far as it used to, with the average mobile Web page well past 2MB now. The new plans include the option to notify you at 50/90/100% usage and to lockout your data at 100% until you agree in a text to resume data use. That's the "shock-free" aspect to it. Did you have any of these options enabled? Sometimes the system gives it right at 100% as an option. How it chooses to give it out remains a mystery.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Felicia, I totally get where you coming from! That said, depending on timing these offers are often not special at all. Here is why. Let's take for example someone on a $55 plan 2gb. Right now ,if they need more data they could decide to take our $65 plan for 3gb. It's the same as adding 1gb for $10 extra dollars. The plan promos come and go, but appear fairly frequently. We are looking at standalone data add-ons as part of our services in the future though. I hope this gives a little more context to the situation.