Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nationwide - Tier

Every time I go on the Koodo app there is a section that says Nationwide-Tier, chargeable amount $10.00. What does this mean???

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Where do you see this? Nationwide tier means you can call nationwide but as far I know all koodo plans now come with Nationwide talk and text.
PD wrote:

Where do you see this? Nationwide tier means you can call nationwide but as far I know all koodo ...

Picture is below

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What is your current plan?
Robert wrote:

Talk & text 300+mins
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I turned off data and imessage no longer works
Userlevel 4
Robert wrote:

That would be because iMessage needs data.
Robert wrote:

Because Imessage requires a data connection. It is a messenger after all.
Userlevel 7
Does your plan include data? If not, I'm pretty sure that is pay-per-user data being used and that's what you're charged for. Pay-per-use data is charged on a tier system. Use over 99MB of data and I'm willing to be the chargeable amount will go up to $15 and you will be on the next data tier.
I have this same thing on my screen. I used more than my 3gb of data last month and got the extra tier but expected that to be gone this month. but not only is it still there its actually adding usage to the new tier and more than I have used in my plans tier
Userlevel 2
Pete Hemstalk wrote:

I have this same thing on my screen. I used more than my 3gb of data last month and got the extra...

That would be the pay per use data tiers.
I apparently have data now but I don't use it and its saying its charging me 9.50. But don't u have to use the internet for data? My phone is old school Samsung intensity. So what gives? I'm on the talk and text combo $29 and I only really text.. Can I get this nationwide data thing taken off permanently? Help!
Userlevel 7
AJ Jones wrote:

I apparently have data now but I don't use it and its saying its charging me 9.50. But don't u ha...

If you want to make sure you don't incur any data charges, log into self-serve and go to add/change add-ons and ADD the 'data block'. If you ever want to use data, just do the same process but remove it instead. Data can be used without having to have the internet open.