Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nationwide calling, does that include the USA or just Canada?

If I have unlimited incoming and out going calls and messaging nationwide, does that include to and from the USA? You really get your moneys worth with koodo's plans and wow, no contract as well...you can't beat it.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Brenda. Unlimited messaging nation wide = if you are in CANADA, you can text wherever you want. If you are NOT in Canada, then there will be roaming charges. Unlimited calling = The same thing as above + if you receive a call from Uzbekistan than, you won't have to pay the roaming charges. The person calling will.
Userlevel 7
Nationwide calling is in Canada only... "NATION" means Canada. If you call to the US, you will incur long distance charges. If you also call from the US or text, you will incur roaming charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Nationwide calling is in Canada only... "NATION" means Canada. If you call to the US, you will in...

Oops, forgot to mention that. Seemed to evident for me!
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Nationwide calling is in Canada only... "NATION" means Canada. If you call to the US, you will in...

Aha yeah but it looked like she thought she could call to and from the USA and just wanted to make sure she had the correct info to prevent a very nasty bill:P
Ahmad wrote:

So from my understanding, I live in canada and have unlimited calling, I would still be charged if I made a call to the USA from canada?
Userlevel 3
Ahmad wrote:

Yes that's right. No charge for calling Canada to Canada. There is a charge for calling Canada to USA. If you call to the USA a lot then consider their $10 add on that will provide you with unlimited USA calling. Unless you live in Manitoba (not sure why that restriction).
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Also just to add on to Moonmack's answer. If you get the unlimited US add-on it will still use the minutes in your plan, there just won't be any LD charges.
Userlevel 3
Ahmad wrote:

That a good point, but she mentioned she has unlimited calling 🙂