Koodo Community

Community

Name listed on call display (the option to do it)

Userlevel 1
I would love to have people see my name when I call them. Many people who do not have voicemail, do not call back when they do not know who called them. It would be cool if we could have the option to be either private or listed (names, not numbers).

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Because the cellular network works a little different than your home landline or internet phone, Displaying the subscribers name isn't possible (at the moment). However if your friends have your new number in their contact list it will show.
Userlevel 1
The question is not if it possible or not at the moment, it would be considered sophistry.... It is still an idea that I think many would like to happen. I do not want to sound like an ungrateful sot, but the last part of your post, you and I know that 100% of cell phone users know this.
Userlevel 2
Hey Don, currently our system is set up to only display the numbers on the outbound call display. Should we make a change to this, we will let everyone know via our Facebook page and our Website 🙂.
Userlevel 1
I think that you would make many customers happy if you activated this feature ^^
Userlevel 2
Don wrote:

I think that you would make many customers happy if you activated this feature ^^

It's more than just activating it. It requires additional coding, testing, bug fixing and such. For such a simple feature, it takes some complicated work 😉.
Userlevel 1
Don wrote:

Like "anything worth designing" -DaVinci 😃
you need to buy the plan or add on that allows for collar ID
Theo Theo wrote:

you need to buy the plan or add on that allows for collar ID

They're talking about Names showing up on outbound call display, not incoming.