Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My VOICEMAIL leaves me scared to Speak......

I was checking my bill and I couldn't tell whether the voice messages that are left and then retrieved on Voicemail are counted towards the monthly minutes...is this a free service or do I get dinged for every message no matter how long they? Another thing that I noticed is that the $20 plan is now 100 mins instead of the 50 it was when I signed up at XMAS ...can these plans be changed? Thanks MJ Krawciw

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Mary, welcome! First, yes you can change your plan to get the 100 minutes, all you need to do is call 611 to get it changed 🙂 (You'll lose the unlimited weekend calling though!) Retrieving voicemails are indeed counted towards monthly minutes... I don't agree with it either but I believe all Canadian carriers do that (one even charges minutes when people leave a message, that is one reason why I left them...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Mary, welcome! First, yes you can change your plan to get the 100 minutes, all you need to ...

unlimited weekends were on the $20 plan with only 25 minutes a month. They already removed them when they upped it to 50 min.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Mary, welcome! First, yes you can change your plan to get the 100 minutes, all you need to ...

Thanks Timo! In that case, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, Mary, GO for it 🙂
Userlevel 1
Mary Jean, I would use the self service (online account) first as calling the customer service will cost you 10$ to change your plan.
Don wrote:

Mary Jean, I would use the self service (online account) first as calling the customer service wi...

Wasn't it $30 for service over the phone? Or did they change it to $10 recently?
Userlevel 6
Don wrote:

Mary Jean, I would use the self service (online account) first as calling the customer service wi...

Hi Aimal, it has always been $10 for a change of plan done over the phone with customer service 🙂
I'm sure you saw the others' answers to this question regarding 50 minutes vs 100 minutes. However, no one has answered your Voicemail counting towards usage question yet. You can receive voicemails whenever, and since you didn't pick up the phone (considering it went to voicemail in the first place) the actual missed call/voicemail does not count towards your usage. However, when you DIAL your voicemail to check/listen to/delete/etc your voice messages, that is considered a regular call (unless you have free evenings/weekends etc and you do it then) just like any other call, so yes, that will use your anytime minutes for the month.