Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My plan says ( Unlimited messaging (text & picture)

I don't text very often. But yesterday I wanted to send a picture and today I wanted to send another picture and won't go through. Loop and loop....

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check if your settings are correct: http://aide.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data-on-android/How-do-I-setup-data-on-my-Android
Userlevel 7
Make sure your data is turned on. Sending a picture requires that your data connection to the koodo network be on. If it is on, check your add ons in self serve and make sure you don't have a full data block enabled.
Chad Burr wrote:

Make sure your data is turned on. Sending a picture requires that your data connection to the koo...

If I turn on my data, would it consume my data volume?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Make sure your data is turned on. Sending a picture requires that your data connection to the koo...

How much data do you have? Yes there is the possibility of consuming some data while it is on. Many folks without a data plan send MMS while connected to Wi-Fi to reduce the risk of cellular data consumption.
Chad Burr wrote:

My Current Base Prepaid Plan is $15 Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) and my Current Booster Add-on(s) is Data Booster 500 MB.
Oh, so if I turn on Wi-Fi and cellular data at the same time, I can deliver pics via text without consuming any of my data volumes? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Yes, you have to have wifi turned on and be connected to a wifi network though. If you simply have wifi on and arent connected to a network then your phone will start using your data.
Userlevel 5
Chad Burr wrote:

Some phones won't send or receive MMS when Wi-Fi is connected. I know the Nexus 5 for sure won't, as every time someone sent my mom a picture over texting she asked me how come she can't see it and I had to remind her to temporarily turn off her Wi-Fi and then voila it would come through.  Doesn't seem to be an issue on her current phone (Moto G5 Plus), nor on many phones I've encountered, but I thought it's worth mentioning "just in case"
Chad Burr wrote:

It works on my iPhone. Thanks all of you. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Note that when your phone goes to sleep or if you leave wifi range, your wifi may disconnect and apps may use your data in the background
Chad Burr wrote:

OK. Thanks for your remind! I'll keep in mind.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also email a picture.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did 1 go through or did both not go through?