Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My Plan includes unlimited SMS and MMS messages. Does it mean unlimited international text, video and picture messages?

My Plan includes unlimited SMS and MMS messages. Does it mean unlimited international text, video and picture messages?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
I believe it only includes international SMS, which is text-only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I sent some international MMS and it didn't cost my extra money, but you need to be in Canada.
Userlevel 6
To my limited understanding, Koodo only includes international (global) SMS, and you could be charged for overseas MMS (even if you're sending the MMS from Canada). Due to this, I don't send MMS to overseas recipients with Koodo. MMS may however break down into SMS when sent internationally...example a really long SMS, which would send as an MMS, might split into total characters divided by 160 = number of SMS sent, might send a URL instead of display the photo or video sent so the recipient could access it via Koodo/Telus servers. If the recipient receives it as SMS instead, you might not get charged for MMS. To be fair, I've never been quoted the usage rate for international MMS...though this link suggets it'd be $0.25 per billable message.
Userlevel 2
I've sent MMS to recipients abroad. They were always free. I believe video is a different matter because it is .... well, a video, nothing in the SMS MMS standard. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sang-gye Buschmann wrote:

I've sent MMS to recipients abroad. They were always free. I believe video is a different matter ...

This thread is 11 months old. No need to revive it.

I've sent MMS to recipients abroad. They were always free. I believe video is a different matter ...

No, I still think this is useful. I have the same question even now.

Being a useful thread and reviving a old thread are different. You have just revived 3 old threads this morning. Starting your own thread would have been better and easier to get your question answered.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The person above wasnt asking a question though. They just made a comment on a rather old thread which can sometimes bring up old info that is no longer relevant and just clutters things and makes it harder to answer peoples questions. And the comment was wrong anyways. MMS stands for multimedia messaging service and a video would be sent as an MMS so it isnt any different.