Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My plan includes "International long distance promo" can anyone tell me what this is? Koodo site says "no description available"

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Where on the koodo site is this? I can't see it. It sounds like you got some kind of promo that may give better prices for international calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
IIRC, it's part of a promotion through Scotiabank. It gives you 30 minutes a month of free international calling, with any additional minutes charged at the standard LD saver rate.
Userlevel 2
Can anyone get this 'promotion"?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

I believe it's aimed at new immigrants, you'd need to check with Scotiabank for eligibility requirements.
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Clearly this guy didn't even know he had it. Looks like if you just ask for it you can get it.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

I'm gonna give it a try next time I come across a kiosk lol
interesting responses...thanks...I am not an immigrant nor do I bank at Scotia...though I do have a Scotia Visa...I signed up at Yorkdale and the Associate added this feature...frankly he may have explained it but I don't remember...called CSR and they could not explain further.... guess I'll test a call to the US and see if I'm charged
Userlevel 6
Stuart wrote:

interesting responses...thanks...I am not an immigrant nor do I bank at Scotia...though I do have...

US is normally not international for companies. I think you got an overseas deal. I wish I had that.
Userlevel 6
Hi Stuart, Timo is right! The "Intl Long Distance Promo add-on" is normally for Scotibank StartRight customers and it offers 30 minutes of FREE international LD per month 🙂 ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Thanks Yannick....I'm liking that should I expect this promo to eventually expire? it sound temporary though I have had it for several months now.
Userlevel 6
Stuart wrote:

Thanks Yannick....I'm liking that should I expect this promo to eventually expire? it sound te...

It's no specified. Let me find this information! I'll get back to you as soon as I have an answer 🙂
Userlevel 6
Stuart wrote:

Thanks Yannick....I'm liking that should I expect this promo to eventually expire? it sound te...

I have an answer! There is no expiry date and you can keep it as long as you want 🙂 Enjoy!
Stuart wrote:

Thanks for the speedy follow up Yannick
Userlevel 6
Stuart wrote:

I want it too Yannick. Where do I get the add-on? I'm a Scotia customer too.